Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

suggestions no rude comments

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 15 Replies
If I am going to spend money to adopt which I hate saying it that way. I still have my eggs and think it would be cheaper around if I found a sperm donor and did invetro and got pregnant that way been looking it up ????
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM

It depends on your philosophy.   Would you rather give a child who is already born a new start in life  or would you want to conceive your own using donated sperm?  I am presuming you are single which could make adoption harder.

culver_mama3
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM
No I am not single me and my husband of 14 years both got tied 5 years ago
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Quoting culver_mama3:

No I am not single me and my husband of 14 years both got tied 5 years ago

It should be a family decision which (if any) would be best option.

jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM

It is cheapest to adopt through foster care. There are thousands of children who are already born, you have a sure bet of getting a child, and they desperately want to be loved. In vitro carries risks, is expensive, and is a hit or miss. 

aprill21
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM

i would do sperm doner

SOCS07
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

You have a heart of gold dear and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with saying it the way it is "ADOPT" AWAY hunny, people like you give these children love and good parenting. THATS whats important, and its PRICELESS

typingDevoted Friend and Keeping God 1st in my life, all things just seem to follow in line, "path"

Christina Stange

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
This. OP, read "Instant Mom" by Nia Vardalos. She adopted through the foster system. So did my friend.

Quoting jojo_star:

It is cheapest to adopt through foster care. There are thousands of children who are already born, you have a sure bet of getting a child, and they desperately want to be loved. In vitro carries risks, is expensive, and is a hit or miss. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragon.Momma86
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Personally I would rather adopt
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I think I would choose adoption.  Invetro is not a guarantee.  I have a friend who tried it several times before it finally 'took'.

wildlilacs
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Main concern of adopting threw foster care is those children usually have a bad start at life, there was good reason to take child away from their parents. It has lasting affects. A lot of babies are drug babies. Sure, they need families and love also but go in with eyes open too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)