Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you that mom?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 1 Replies

Poll

Question: What mom are you?

Options:

I usually bring nothing

I usually bring just what I am asked

I usually do over and above what is asked

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

With a houseful of kids it seems like my kids are invited to something either school, or Church, or other children activities. At some point we asked to bring a food, a treat, or something for a potluck, party, ceremony, or show. I have never minded. I love the idea that if everyone, or most people make/bring something all our kids enjoy it. I have been picking my brain on why this happens so much. There are the same like 5-10 moms who go over and above, because about 5-15 do nothing. I usually end up in this group. I want my kids events to be special, and I want my kids to have enough's, and It bothers me when the food runs out, and the kids are sad. So my question is what mom are you? Are you the mom that does the minimum and brings exactly what you are asked to bring? Which is great, because most don't do that. Are you the mom who comes early to helps set up, brings 3 snacks, treats, or appetizer's in case someone forgets? Are you the mom that comes late, and brings nothing. Also if you answer why? Why do you bring more? Why do you bring nothing? I really would like to have an idea of what leads some to help, or pitch in and some not to. Thanks!

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I bring more, because like you I don't like to see the supplies run out. I suspect that moms that don't bring, it is because they are already struggling to put food on their own tables.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN