Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please be honest what would you do? Call cps or let my mil handle it (UPDATE)

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 66 Replies

My husband aunt is a lazy no good for nothing mom. My mil came over here with my husband little cousins. Well the oldest haven't had a bath, he had on shoes that were way to flipping small for him. He was saying he didn't eat and that they were hungry so we gave them something to eat. Then he said they didn't have school clothes so i looked into my boys closet and got them a lot of clothes that were way to small for my boys and a few pairs of shoes He was saying he has been having a ear ache and has been waking up in the middle of the night crying because his ear hurt so bad. This is a shame that the aunt is lazy like she is. Well come to find out my mil just to me she is on meth and the boyfriend.

I'm going to talk to my husband and see if he wants to see if we could get those kids. I know she wont sign them over to us because she gets welfare for them and she don't want to lose that money she has coming in.

What would you do?

UPDATE: I called this morning and told them everything that's been going on. She said she is writing up a report and they will decide if they will go out there. I'm really hoping they will go out there.

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frillyflower
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:24 PM
7 moms liked this
CPS ! who cares about the mom. Help those poor children!
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM
This!

Quoting frillyflower:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM
is your mother in law going to try to get them or...talk to your mother in law and the 2 of you should come up with a plan to help them that's for sure.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely report and then let them know you are family members willing to care for them while their parents get straight and off drugs.  Hopefully they are not making the stuff themselves where they live.

kidlover2
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I would hope CPS does what it takes to fix that family and work with them to get it together. I would never advocate taking kids away unless there was obvious physical and or sexual abuse. I want classes, training, and monitoring.
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM

i don't think my mil will take the kids because she works. Now we have talked to my mil about taking the kids but she talked my husband out of it and said she will handle it but she hasn't at all.

The mom will not work with us at all she hates me and i know this but i dont care.

Quoting ditsyjo:

is your mother in law going to try to get them or...talk to your mother in law and the 2 of you should come up with a plan to help them that's for sure.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM

See the thing is we are moving in about a year back to Colorado springs and i don't know how that will play out. I really want the best for those kids.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would definitely report and then let them know you are family members willing to care for them while their parents get straight and off drugs.  Hopefully they are not making the stuff themselves where they live.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Call and report it poor kids:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I'm going to sit down with my husband and talk about it.

Quoting frillyflower:

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I have to have a address if i report it right? Im going to the address from my mil.

Quoting strictmomhere:

Call and report it poor kids:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)