Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please be honest what would you do? Call cps or let my mil handle it (UPDATE)

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband aunt is a lazy no good for nothing mom. My mil came over here with my husband little cousins. Well the oldest haven't had a bath, he had on shoes that were way to flipping small for him. He was saying he didn't eat and that they were hungry so we gave them something to eat. Then he said they didn't have school clothes so i looked into my boys closet and got them a lot of clothes that were way to small for my boys and a few pairs of shoes He was saying he has been having a ear ache and has been waking up in the middle of the night crying because his ear hurt so bad. This is a shame that the aunt is lazy like she is. Well come to find out my mil just to me she is on meth and the boyfriend.

I'm going to talk to my husband and see if he wants to see if we could get those kids. I know she wont sign them over to us because she gets welfare for them and she don't want to lose that money she has coming in.

What would you do?

UPDATE: I called this morning and told them everything that's been going on. She said she is writing up a report and they will decide if they will go out there. I'm really hoping they will go out there.

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM

What I'm hoping is that CPS goes over there while they are smoking meth and catch them right in the act of doing it.

These kids don't have a chance if they stay with their parents i know they wont.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

Honestly a case like this can go either way. 

If they can prove she is on drugs, easy peasy. 

but if not, then its just a case of lazy mother. if they cant prove that the kids are malnourished, or unsupervised, i dont know if they can do anything :( many many parents let their kids wear ratty unfitted clothing and stay dirty, and keep their children. 

but absolutely report it!!! im not saying you shouldnt. do it! 

Newfie_Mom
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Is the BF on their PA? If he isn't and living there using the benefits that will strengthen your arguement. I'm not being a bitch and saying they should take the kids just for that but its ammo. If she is getting support and its not going to the kids because BF is eating it all then that will be taken into consideration as well.
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I am. I trusted my mil would take care of this problem like she told me she would but she hasn't :( So my husband and i have agreed to call CPS in the morning and let them know everything that is going on. If those kids get taken away my husband and i will be there to pick them up.

I'm hoping we can get custody of them. I know everyone will hate us but at this point i really dont care. They have never liked me anyway so no skin off my back.

Quoting kellysp6637:

I'd report her immediately and let social services know I could be available for foster care if needed.  I hate to say that, but if you don't do anything and something happens to those children you will never forgive yourself, I know I wouldn't.  Honestly, I wouldn't rely too much on the MIL...she really doesn't have any authority to do anything.

I wish you the very best of luck....that must be very difficult.  Kudos to you for stepping up and trying to look out for them. 

Quoting godsgirl26:

My husband aunt is a lazy no good for nothing mom. My mil came over here with my husband little cousins. Well the oldest haven't had a bath, he had on shoes that were way to flipping small for him. He was saying he didn't eat and that they were hungry so we gave them something to eat. Then he said they didn't have school clothes so i looked into my boys closet and got them a lot of clothes that were way to small for my boys and a few pairs of shoes He was saying he has been having a ear ache and has been waking up in the middle of the night crying because his ear hurt so bad. This is a shame that the aunt is lazy like she is. Well come to find out my mil just to me she is on meth and the boyfriend.

I'm going to talk to my husband and see if he wants to see if we could get those kids. I know she wont sign them over to us because she gets welfare for them and she don't want to lose that money she has coming in.

What would you do?

kellysp6637
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you and your husband.  And really if the family wants to dislike you guys for stepping up and doing the right thing, then they really aren't worth associating with anyways. Those kids are more important.

I wish you all the best of luck!

Quoting godsgirl26:

I am. I trusted my mil would take care of this problem like she told me she would but she hasn't :( So my husband and i have agreed to call CPS in the morning and let them know everything that is going on. If those kids get taken away my husband and i will be there to pick them up.

I'm hoping we can get custody of them. I know everyone will hate us but at this point i really dont care. They have never liked me anyway so no skin off my back.

Quoting kellysp6637:

I'd report her immediately and let social services know I could be available for foster care if needed.  I hate to say that, but if you don't do anything and something happens to those children you will never forgive yourself, I know I wouldn't.  Honestly, I wouldn't rely too much on the MIL...she really doesn't have any authority to do anything.

I wish you the very best of luck....that must be very difficult.  Kudos to you for stepping up and trying to look out for them. 

Quoting godsgirl26:

What would you do?

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I don't know but i do know the BF lives there and he's not supposed to live there because my mil got that apartment for her.

From what i was told from my MIL there is never any food there and they get 500+ plus in FS.

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

Is the BF on their PA? If he isn't and living there using the benefits that will strengthen your arguement. I'm not being a bitch and saying they should take the kids just for that but its ammo. If she is getting support and its not going to the kids because BF is eating it all then that will be taken into consideration as well.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I gave the boys some old shoes my boys couldn't fit anymore. Oh my gosh you should have seen the look on their Little faces like *yay i got a pair of shoes* I went inside my room and cried i couldn't hold back my tears. 

Thank you so much i dont know what im getting myself into but im willing to fight for those kids.

Quoting kellysp6637:

Good for you and your husband.  And really if the family wants to dislike you guys for stepping up and doing the right thing, then they really aren't worth associating with anyways. Those kids are more important.

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting kellysp6637:

Quoting godsgirl26:

What would you do?

Anoronlight
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

CPS!!! Tell them you are family and you will take them if you want to do that. Welfare or not...if CPS takes them, she will lose it and she doesn't deserve it the way those kids are being treated.

Anoronlight
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Just be sure to express that you and your hubby do want to step up and take them. CPS usually perfers family over some random foster family first. So if they can place them with a family, they typically do. Good luck with it!

Quoting godsgirl26:

I gave the boys some old shoes my boys couldn't fit anymore. Oh my gosh you should have seen the look on their Little faces like *yay i got a pair of shoes* I went inside my room and cried i couldn't hold back my tears. 

Thank you so much i dont know what im getting myself into but im willing to fight for those kids.

Quoting kellysp6637:

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting kellysp6637:

Quoting godsgirl26:

What would you do?

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I would call CPS immediately, that's seriously fucked up, poor kids. :'(

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I will and thanks :)

Quoting Anoronlight:

Just be sure to express that you and your hubby do want to step up and take them. CPS usually perfers family over some random foster family first. So if they can place them with a family, they typically do. Good luck with it!

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting kellysp6637:

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting kellysp6637:

Quoting godsgirl26:

What would you do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)