Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please be honest what would you do? Call cps or let my mil handle it (UPDATE)

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband aunt is a lazy no good for nothing mom. My mil came over here with my husband little cousins. Well the oldest haven't had a bath, he had on shoes that were way to flipping small for him. He was saying he didn't eat and that they were hungry so we gave them something to eat. Then he said they didn't have school clothes so i looked into my boys closet and got them a lot of clothes that were way to small for my boys and a few pairs of shoes He was saying he has been having a ear ache and has been waking up in the middle of the night crying because his ear hurt so bad. This is a shame that the aunt is lazy like she is. Well come to find out my mil just to me she is on meth and the boyfriend.

I'm going to talk to my husband and see if he wants to see if we could get those kids. I know she wont sign them over to us because she gets welfare for them and she don't want to lose that money she has coming in.

What would you do?

UPDATE: I called this morning and told them everything that's been going on. She said she is writing up a report and they will decide if they will go out there. I'm really hoping they will go out there.

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I will and thanks :)

Quoting Anoronlight:

Just be sure to express that you and your hubby do want to step up and take them. CPS usually perfers family over some random foster family first. So if they can place them with a family, they typically do. Good luck with it!

Quoting godsgirl26:

I gave the boys some old shoes my boys couldn't fit anymore. Oh my gosh you should have seen the look on their Little faces like *yay i got a pair of shoes* I went inside my room and cried i couldn't hold back my tears. 

Thank you so much i dont know what im getting myself into but im willing to fight for those kids.

Quoting kellysp6637:

Good for you and your husband.  And really if the family wants to dislike you guys for stepping up and doing the right thing, then they really aren't worth associating with anyways. Those kids are more important.

I wish you all the best of luck!

Quoting godsgirl26:

I am. I trusted my mil would take care of this problem like she told me she would but she hasn't :( So my husband and i have agreed to call CPS in the morning and let them know everything that is going on. If those kids get taken away my husband and i will be there to pick them up.

I'm hoping we can get custody of them. I know everyone will hate us but at this point i really dont care. They have never liked me anyway so no skin off my back.

Quoting kellysp6637:

I'd report her immediately and let social services know I could be available for foster care if needed.  I hate to say that, but if you don't do anything and something happens to those children you will never forgive yourself, I know I wouldn't.  Honestly, I wouldn't rely too much on the MIL...she really doesn't have any authority to do anything.

I wish you the very best of luck....that must be very difficult.  Kudos to you for stepping up and trying to look out for them. 

Quoting godsgirl26:

My husband aunt is a lazy no good for nothing mom. My mil came over here with my husband little cousins. Well the oldest haven't had a bath, he had on shoes that were way to flipping small for him. He was saying he didn't eat and that they were hungry so we gave them something to eat. Then he said they didn't have school clothes so i looked into my boys closet and got them a lot of clothes that were way to small for my boys and a few pairs of shoes He was saying he has been having a ear ache and has been waking up in the middle of the night crying because his ear hurt so bad. This is a shame that the aunt is lazy like she is. Well come to find out my mil just to me she is on meth and the boyfriend.

I'm going to talk to my husband and see if he wants to see if we could get those kids. I know she wont sign them over to us because she gets welfare for them and she don't want to lose that money she has coming in.

What would you do?

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I know it is. My husband brother had the kids for a while I don't know why the boys went back home but they did. Its sad because I just found out that last year the school that they were going to kicked them out because they missed to many days.
When all the mom had to do was walk them to the bus stop. This chick is flat out lazy.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

I would call CPS immediately, that's seriously fucked up, poor kids. :'(

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM

That's so sad! Children are so precious, I hate it when they're abused and neglected like that! A friend of mine called me the last two days because her fiance's ex wife won't take care of her own two boys, her and her fiance both work, and she won't take them back! The ex said she had to go to her fiance's family reunion, so she couldn't take them back, but I know she's just a dumb lazy bitch and she doesn't want to take care of them. I just wish I could have helped her.

Quoting godsgirl26:

I know it is. My husband brother had the kids for a while I don't know why the boys went back home but they did. Its sad because I just found out that last year the school that they were going to kicked them out because they missed to many days.
When all the mom had to do was walk them to the bus stop. This chick is flat out lazy.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

I would call CPS immediately, that's seriously fucked up, poor kids. :'(

heafner200
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I would call social services. Tell them of the neglect the children are experiencing. That drugs may be involved. The children aren't being cared for, physically and mentally.
This sickens me - I know a couple of couples who can't have children and to see someone neglect a child because of drugs/laziness/and welfare checks makes me angry.
No child should be treated this way.
Those children need a voice - your voice.
Good luck and I will pray for you and those kids.

Quoting godsgirl26:

What would you do?

momavanessa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Report her asap!

KellyNips
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Please call CPS immediately and have those kids taken away from their mother.  sounds like you are a very caring woman who could give these kids the kind of love and care they need.  good luck and keep us posted.

activitymode
by Coolest person ever! on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM
call. that's the best thing for those kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM

i say you do what you feel is right for that child & call cps anon goodluck mama 

goldilocksbecky
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Also, be sure to tell them that YOU gave them clothes and shoes a few days ago because theirs were too small (otherwise it will look like the Mom is providing appropriate clothing/shoes).  Be sure to mention the ear ache as well.  That's medical negligence.  Especially if she is on Medicaid, there is absolutely no reason that she shouldn't have already had them at the doctor.  The drugs alone is usually enough for them to act on.  Good luck!

tamzinsmommy
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Cps. Those kids need to be helped asap!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)