Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please be honest what would you do? Call cps or let my mil handle it (UPDATE)

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband aunt is a lazy no good for nothing mom. My mil came over here with my husband little cousins. Well the oldest haven't had a bath, he had on shoes that were way to flipping small for him. He was saying he didn't eat and that they were hungry so we gave them something to eat. Then he said they didn't have school clothes so i looked into my boys closet and got them a lot of clothes that were way to small for my boys and a few pairs of shoes He was saying he has been having a ear ache and has been waking up in the middle of the night crying because his ear hurt so bad. This is a shame that the aunt is lazy like she is. Well come to find out my mil just to me she is on meth and the boyfriend.

I'm going to talk to my husband and see if he wants to see if we could get those kids. I know she wont sign them over to us because she gets welfare for them and she don't want to lose that money she has coming in.

What would you do?

UPDATE: I called this morning and told them everything that's been going on. She said she is writing up a report and they will decide if they will go out there. I'm really hoping they will go out there.

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
jenniferv27
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
You have to remember, just because u call cps once doesn't mean they are going to take the kids away. It tipically takes up to 2 weeks to start the investigation anyway. I have also seen so many people beat the investigation process as well so no matter what u need to make sure to keep reporting and don't let them know its the same person calling because they will sometimes take that as someone just being vendictive n possibly wanting to get back at someone for whatever reason. Also if her kids are older then she can train them to say what she wants them to. I know someone that did that n told the kids if they said anything different then they would end up in the foster system where they would be beaten,n treated like slaves. Thank God the daughter wrote me a email telling me what her mom said and with that the worker got the real truth. Just remember people beat the system every day. Make sure u keep on them about them babies n good luck. please keep us posted.
bcauseimthemom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I wouldn't be on CM asking for opinions. I would have been on the emergency line to CPS as soon as the MIL left.

pamelax3
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I would go and talk with her and tell her, if she has not threat on her welfare, then maybe she will give you the kids without hassle. Poor babies! If she does not agree then I would call CPS

Mommyzlovez
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM

What a hard situation girl...I would call CPS and see about taking the kids. I am so sorry that ya'll have had to go through this and even more so for those precious kiddos, so heartbreaking!

sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM
If you do nothing you are condoning the actions against the kids. If you don't call cps & the situation worsens you will not be able to handle the guilt of having done nothing. Make the call.
sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Cps will not remove children unless warranted. It opens themselves to lawsuits. So if cps visits home & removes children you KNOW you did the right thing!

Quoting kidlover2:

I would hope CPS does what it takes to fix that family and work with them to get it together. I would never advocate taking kids away unless there was obvious physical and or sexual abuse. I want classes, training, and monitoring.

Heymamashakeit
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
If your MIL is willing to help the case then I'd call CPS.
sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Cps must investigate a report within 24 hrs.

Quoting jenniferv27:

You have to remember, just because u call cps once doesn't mean they are going to take the kids away. It tipically takes up to 2 weeks to start the investigation anyway. I have also seen so many people beat the investigation process as well so no matter what u need to make sure to keep reporting and don't let them know its the same person calling because they will sometimes take that as someone just being vendictive n possibly wanting to get back at someone for whatever reason. Also if her kids are older then she can train them to say what she wants them to. I know someone that did that n told the kids if they said anything different then they would end up in the foster system where they would be beaten,n treated like slaves. Thank God the daughter wrote me a email telling me what her mom said and with that the worker got the real truth. Just remember people beat the system every day. Make sure u keep on them about them babies n good luck. please keep us posted.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM

She isn't willing to help at all.

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

If your MIL is willing to help the case then I'd call CPS.

yorkiemaz
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM

social services!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)