Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please be honest what would you do? Call cps or let my mil handle it (UPDATE)

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband aunt is a lazy no good for nothing mom. My mil came over here with my husband little cousins. Well the oldest haven't had a bath, he had on shoes that were way to flipping small for him. He was saying he didn't eat and that they were hungry so we gave them something to eat. Then he said they didn't have school clothes so i looked into my boys closet and got them a lot of clothes that were way to small for my boys and a few pairs of shoes He was saying he has been having a ear ache and has been waking up in the middle of the night crying because his ear hurt so bad. This is a shame that the aunt is lazy like she is. Well come to find out my mil just to me she is on meth and the boyfriend.

I'm going to talk to my husband and see if he wants to see if we could get those kids. I know she wont sign them over to us because she gets welfare for them and she don't want to lose that money she has coming in.

What would you do?

UPDATE: I called this morning and told them everything that's been going on. She said she is writing up a report and they will decide if they will go out there. I'm really hoping they will go out there.

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (61-66):
shymom835
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Hello Godsgirl26,

The situation your dealing with is hurt broken.

Your husband aunt needs help and rehab.

Those innocent children need to be taken away from her care.

Your husband aunt i have no respect for because she is usin welfare money to enable her drug habit instead of taking care of those children.

Welfare should be for people in need not for drugs.

working lady as myself makes it harder for me as a single struggling mom to get the welfare help assistance.

Hope and pray you get those children out of her home before something worse happen to one of them.

Praying for you girl...

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM
That is a shame. My husband and I don't talk to his side of the family at all way to much drama and violence. Hopefully my mil will text him and let him know when cps goes over there.

Quoting sunpeaches1:

No. They cannot give you any info on case.

They must investigate within 24 hrs. You will find info from your family rumor line! Sad but true. Word will get around that family was visited by cps & you will get info that way.
sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Yeah. Sounds like mil is gonna be your info source.
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM
And I agree. She is very well using the money that she's suppose to be using on her kids for drugs.

I just want to give those boys a good chance at life. I once was a foster child until one of my uncle's took me in. My mom was the way except we always had food. My mom was just on drugs really bad also.
Thanks so much we need all the prayers we can get to get these boys out of that home and into ours :)

Quoting shymom835:

Hello Godsgirl26,

The situation your dealing with is hurt broken.

Your husband aunt needs help and rehab.

Those innocent children need to be taken away from her care.

Your husband aunt i have no respect for because she is usin welfare money to enable her drug habit instead of taking care of those children.

Welfare should be for people in need not for drugs.

working lady as myself makes it harder for me as a single struggling mom to get the welfare help assistance.

Hope and pray you get those children out of her home before something worse happen to one of them.

Praying for you girl...

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:41 PM
We really don't talk but I guess I will start sucking up to get all the info I can get.

Quoting sunpeaches1:

Yeah. Sounds like mil is gonna be your info source.
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I love those kids like they are my own blood. I hate seeing this kind of stuff happening to them.

If we get them I will treat them just like I would treat my own kids. Thanks for your kind words and yes I will keep y'all updated.

Quoting KellyNips:

Please call CPS immediately and have those kids taken away from their mother.  sounds like you are a very caring woman who could give these kids the kind of love and care they need.  good luck and keep us posted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN