Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is this a spider bite or mosquito bite? :-(

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

Mobile Photo

On her leg, she's four and has a habit of scratching the heck outta the mosquito bites to the point of welts... I think her body reaction to bites is sensitive.. I'll post a pic of a mosquito bite from almost two weeks ago... :-(

It kinda looks like it scabbed up in a few spots.. I think mosquito but curious if anyone else has issues w kid getting eaten up regardless of protection used on her.... Thanks... Poor thing is miserable... Had hard time falling asleep cause it was so distracting for her... She just showed me again and it looks worse, as usual... :-(
Idk how to help my baby girl
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DJ619P
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Mobile Photo

This is another one on her heel... She says this itches like crazy too... But it seems like skin is harder? Bumped up more?? Maybe cause where it's at...
MamaTinie
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Mosiquito Bite, My DH reacts the same as your DD.

I find putting Benedryl cream on the bite helps with the itch and keeps them from scratching as bad. DH swears the benydryl works best, i think it may be an allergy to the mosquitos....oh and they seem to think he is the best meal ever no matter what we do!

DJ619P
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Mobile Photo

This is her leg.. Her dad took her sister and her to a side job w him... So he could clean up while I was working.... Typical of him, didn't bring extra clothes for them.... I put leggings on them, hoping to keep their skin away from stuff but I put shorts n extra tshirts, n whatnot on the counter, right in front of back door... He forgot that and they got hot and ran outside on him WITHOUT their PANTS, they're 6 n 4... Why the heck he didn't stop ASAP or asa he could to go get them n put pants back on and roll them up if need be, idk... I wanted to kill him because they both had bites but the 4 yr old,who is pictured above ends up with bad welts, she had about twenty(literally) bites mostly on her upper thighs, the last pic is of two bites whose marks are still there and in an appropriate spot to post pic of.... She got bites along her underwear line, front and back, like she sat in a patch of Mosquitos :-( I had to have her sleep without undies for four days cause she had such a hard time falling asleep....

So yes I know he's stupid for letting that happen but has anyone had dd or ds skin react this way and what can I do to help her??
DJ619P
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM
:-( that's what I figured... I tried cortisone itch cream, she hates it.. Says it stings... The Benedryl itch stick, she was screaming... Probably cause not only is there an itchy bite but there's a scab because she itched it too much... I have been giving her liquid Benedryl per her dr
sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:34 PM
That first pic looks like a spider w the 2 holes. I would have it checked!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN