Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Feeling guilty :'(

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM
  • 8 Replies
So im 19 pregnant and have no mother figure to talk to.
Ive had miscarriages and i am now very protective over my tummy and babies.
I really am not comfortable with people touching my stomach, it makes me nervous. But i feel extremely guilty for asking them not to. Any advice? Besides im not sure what they are feeling for at 17weeks
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jojo_star
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I've never let anyone but close family and friends touch my stomach. My body, my choice who touches it. If if makes you uncomfortable, tell them no. Touching your stomach won't hurt the baby, but if it bothers you, just say no. Why would you feel guilty?
Amybelle
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM

uh-huh

shelbyskinner
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Ive never been one to hurt someones feelings and i feelings and if i say no i feel like i did
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to gain the mommy backbone now.  Tell them no touching the stomach since you are uncomfortable with it.  At 17 weeks gestation, I do not think they can feel any outside contact but not certain.

Wickedawesome88
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I just to say it made me sick lol and then asked if I could touch their uterus lol
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM

some people feel it is good luck to rub a pregnant belly...others just think it is ok to touch pregnant women.there is no reason to feel guilty for telling them ,politely of course, hands off

Candie1015
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM

It won't be the first time you will have to say no. After baby is born you will have to say no a lot. Don't feel guilty... do you think they would feel guilty if it were them? I seriously doubt it. I am sorry you had a miscarriage.... you should see if the dr checked for the rh factor. If you are rh- you have to get a shot so your body doesn't attack baby or check on your cervix..... 

heymomImhungery
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I was that way about being touched, btw we have the same name freaked me out for a second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN