Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

falsely accused of child abuse what to do when c. p.s. takes the childaway and places them in a fosterhome?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 54 Replies
i had a new born a it was taken away at 2 weeks old and parental right taken away after the child was two yrs old c.p.s cut the visit to the foster home and never seen the child again. now i want to know if or how i can look for this child, what site to look iwent on this site people search but you have to pay for a membership to view the site. can any one give me information on this or how to go about looking for some one what sites, thank you.
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM

No clue  Perhaps a private investigator. 

jojo_star
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:44 AM
5 moms liked this
I highly doubt you were falsely accused. Despite popular belief, CPS does NOT take kids away willy nilly, and while they may remove a child on a suspicion without actual proof, they would not terminate your rights without extreme, hard evidence. It takes a lot for CPS to permanently take a child away, their main goal is to reunite kids with their biological families. You can't look for that child. If it's a minor, the records are sealed, but even if the child is an adult, the only thing you could do is a generic online search. There is no site to allow you to find the child again. It was taken away to protect it.
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
This. You would be lucky if adoptive parents did not change the name as well. Your best bet is to not go down this road. You will likely blow the child's world apart if they don't know these people aren't her parents (if adopted). How old is the child? And why now? Sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone. If or when curiosity peaks, they will try to find you. I was taken from my mother. Never in foster care but I was adopted. Don't do this.

Quoting jojo_star:

I highly doubt you were falsely accused. Despite popular belief, CPS does NOT take kids away willy nilly, and while they may remove a child on a suspicion without actual proof, they would not terminate your rights without extreme, hard evidence. It takes a lot for CPS to permanently take a child away, their main goal is to reunite kids with their biological families. You can't look for that child. If it's a minor, the records are sealed, but even if the child is an adult, the only thing you could do is a generic online search. There is no site to allow you to find the child again. It was taken away to protect it.
kitty8199
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Doubtful you'll be able to get that information. They have to protect the child. If your rights were terminated, it was something significant. They may take kids into foster care while investigating, but severing rights is a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xElizabethx
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I agree with the ladies posting above me!

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Bump
darlingmeggy
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Something isn't adding up here.
Kambeea
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Cps has been called on me falsely many times. Mainly because my autistic son screams bloody murder because he wants to or Angry co workers angry exes whatever, but they never once took my kids because I wasn't doing anything wrong.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I would call and attorney.

haunted.mommy
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:16 AM

They can't get terminate your parental rights unless they have proof.  Leave the child where it is loved and cared for.  You had your chance and you flubbed it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN