Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The cake I ordered & the cake I got. would you want it? *update* order form!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 232 Replies
1 mom liked this

I ordered that cake.

Less than 24 hours before my girls birthday party, walmart called to say they didn't have my kit to make it. I could put ariel on a green cake but they would not redo colors or remake it.

I go in and speak to a manager and they said they would fix the issues and I would get a discount so I can buy something else to top it for a princess theme. like something from toy area. i asked if they had any princess kit, I would upgrade no problem.

I go in to pick it up. the morning of party/next day. lady asks why the kit wasnt on it, I said because they said they didnt have it. she asked what i ordered (the cake looks that bad). she found a disney kit and put it on.

however, the cake was NOT what i ordered. they refused to correct it. they wouldnt even add flowers to it. the manager said i can take it or leave it, but thats it. he wont have them add anything. i bought it because no one could make a cake under an hour.

i sent an email to walmart? i heard nothing.

would you be happy with this?? my daughter wouldnt even touch it!  she was all grabby on it on the picture book which is why i picked it.

Update! So the assistant manager I talked to on the first night called after he got a call from his boss. I get a 20 dollar gift card and an appology over the order being writen down with messy hand writing. I'm gonna take a picture of the order form. I don't think it looks messy at all and I thought its quite clear? But whatever. I learnt my lesson to never order from walmart ever again!

I added the order form! No, I did NOT want my cake in the shape of a number 1. I wanted it as it was shown in the book :(

I did NOT order my cake the day before her party. I ordered it before then, but they started making her cake the day before and when they did not have the kit, they called me less than 24 hours before cake pick up.

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bunny_Swan
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:06 PM
4 moms liked this

Is it me or does it look like a crooked penis?  Yeah, I'd be mad.

Lionpaw
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Bunny_Swan:

Is it me or does it look like a crooked penis?  Yeah, I'd be mad.

lol glad I wasn't the only one to think that!

TaleiLove12
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM
11 moms liked this
I would have refused it and got a plain one from the shelf
terpmama
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Unless you asked for it to be a one shape... Why would they do that.

sam12796
by Sandy on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be pissed off. They would do better right then and there with some more flowers and decorations or they would bite the cost and I would go buy a sheet cake and do some decorations myself.

Lionpaw
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM

thats what it looked like from the front :(

KaylinC03
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I would get my money back.

justpeachy71904
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Why is it shaped like that?
kurmom
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I would be pissed. My first thought was.. Penis??!! You should have left it. I cannot believe the manager told you to take it or leave it! I would take this to HIS/HER manager!!
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I would be pissed. That looks awful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)