Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What my OB said to me was a little shocking

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 200 Replies
8 moms liked this
I may have mentioned this before but its just too funny. It was a race of who would deliver first because there was a lady next door ready to push at the same time!

Well I won. I pushed my DS out in about 15 min. He was a whopping 10 lbs 11 oz! I had no tearing! I don't know how! 6 mo later and I'm still in shock...lol.

Anyways my doctor did not deliver my baby. He knows I have two teens so he makes the comment at my 6 week check up " wow! Almost 11 lbs and no tearing? Your other two must have just shot right out of there!" DH just laughed.

Lets hear some of your birthing stories!

by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Perfect.Pixie
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM
3 moms liked this
I had a student doctor when I delivered my first. She didn't say anything weird. The funny part was she was 4'9" or shorter. She walked in with a stool!
Opal614
by Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
8 moms liked this
My dr. Noticed a slight protrusion on my daughter's tailbone when we had our big ultrasound. We were really concerned and to make us feel better he told us that it would never be noticeable unless she was having doggy style sex. Not cool.
harajukumoma
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Yuk that's not even a little ok... Omg

Quoting Opal614:

My dr. Noticed a slight protrusion on my daughter's tailbone when we had our big ultrasound. We were really concerned and to make us feel better he told us that it would never be noticeable unless she was having doggy style sex. Not cool.

squigglesmommie
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
6 moms liked this
Iam a first time mom and while having my son tne dr was taking forever to get to my room and i had to pushh ooo i really felt like i needed to...i yelled at my nurse and told her i was gonna push and she yellled back please please don't push...bc my sons head eas crowning and she didn't want to be the one to deliver him...so i waited a min and the dr finally came in and i said can i push now and he said sure ill catch him
Indy3000
by Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

with my first i did natural birth (as i did my second but i knew what i was doing round two) also had pitocin so it was extra painful, well after no sleep and around push time i thought i was dying... The lady next door was trying to do a nice calm natural birth, music, dim lights and all, couldnt help myself pretty sure she heard me yelling and threw the f bomb a couple of times. No relaxing for her, my doctor was laughing about it, me not so much

bhow
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM
5 moms liked this

First one was an emergency c-section, 2nd was natural.  Felt nothing first time, knew nothing of it.  Didn't know I was in labor for hours before cause I had no pain til I sat my hind end in the truck to go to hospital.  Delivered with no pain meds cause I was so close, doctor changed in the hallway.  2nd time doctor is pushing really hard on my incision area to clean me out, as I'm squeezing the nurses hand so I don't just scream like #e!!...I say to her "does he HAVE to do that?!"  Doctor looks up with nasty dirty rotten look on face and dang near screams at me "Don't You Remember This From The First Time?!"  Right back at him I yell..."I had a C-Section the FIRST TIME!"  Wow did the atmosphere in that room change.  It was a different hospital and doctor from a practice of 3 doctors, I got the one on call that morning.  I had never seen the guy!  Had to ask who he was when he got there.  I didn't think anything of having a natural after a c-section but the people in that hospital couldn't get over it.  For 2 days nurses kept popping in the door wanting to see what a V-Back girl looked like.  

bhow
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this

That's funny!!

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

I had a student doctor when I delivered my first. She didn't say anything weird. The funny part was she was 4'9" or shorter. She walked in with a stool!

How2Be

KEL101212
by Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I loved my OB because he was funny and made jokes. It nade it really easy to just relax and have a laugh during my labor. However, I do not find a joke like that very humorous. it is definitely not apporpriate.

Quoting Opal614:

qkforever
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM

My dd decided to come very quickly.  They brought in another dr just in case mine didn't make it in time.  I wasn't having that at all. I wanted my dr and tried with all my might not to push.   Well my dr walks in and starts talking about his golf game with the other dr. .  I was thinking hello I need to push.  It wasn't funny at the time but now I laugh about it.  

SummersMom06
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

After I had my second daughter the nurse that came in wanted to check my stomach to make sure it was going down and so she did that and said ok turn on your side i was like ok then she lifted my gown and opened up my butt cheeks i said omg what are you doing she said checking for hemmroids.  I told her she should warn people before she violates them. Then when my sister had her daughter iwas in the delivery room and we have the same DR so the DR knows me and while my sister is pushing she looks at me while i am holding my sisters leg up and says oh i love your hair looks good darker. I was like OMG she is pushing a baby out. GEZZZZ Love my Gyno though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)