Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever caught their hubby

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:35 PM
  • 15 Replies
Has anyone ever caught their hubby blameing them for not being able to go do things with their freinds when the fact is they realy dont want to go ? My dear hubby was being asked if he wanted to go fishing this weekend ,I happened to walk up on him in the middle of explaining that I had given him a huge honey-do list and would be realy pissed if he diddnt get it done . When he saw that I had overheard him the look on his face was price-less, he knew he was busted ! I was a good wife ! I just walked up and smiled and acted like I hadnt heard a word, however after our guest was gone I told him how much I diddnt appreciate being used for a convienient excuse if he diddnt have the cahoonas to say no to something he diddnt want to do . I just felt like he had made me sound like a bossy bi^&%!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tehyaayana
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:37 PM
WOULDNT YOUR HUSBAND SHIT IF YOU HANDED HIM THE TO-DO LIST.LOL
Mom2joshNalexis
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:38 PM
Every Single Time! He even asks ME to tell them sometimes! But I guess I can't complain - I use him for it sometimes... :o)
firemans_wife
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:39 PM
It's a man thing, stupid but true! They all do it! Mine has more than once and the only thing that it has done is make people think (mostly the Inlaws) that he has to do whatever i say, which is so far from the truth! They just don;t know how to just say "NO" , they feel like they have to have a reason and when all else fails..blame the wife or the kids!
izzyjay
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:40 PM
    Yup been there Jason has done it once or twicE . SO yeah I know how you feel.
SelinaZubkov
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:40 PM
sTART WRITING THAT TO DO LIST MAKE SURE ITS REALLY REALLY LONG. LOL MY FIANCE USED TO DO THAT, STILL DOES WHEN HE DOESNT WANT TO GO SOMEWHERE BY HIMSELF HE WILL TELL ME YOUR NOT GOING BUT LATER ON I WILL HEAR HIM SAY SHE DOESNT WANT ME TO GO ANYWHERE BYMYSELF SO NOW I JUST SMACK HIM ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD FOR THAT STUFF LOL
meri_bug23
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:41 PM
thats funny, i have never caught my husband doing it. I would have walked up and said " Oh, but you do work so hard, you deserve some down time. I dotn mind, you should go fishing with your friends"
my3littleboys
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2007 at 12:42 PM
LOL I feel like I could have written that. My hubby didnt like it when I turned the tables on him though and has backed off a bit :)
jillaustin
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Differnt story, but I have a similar situation. My on-again off-again fiance David is a general manager of a bar. He is never home, and we are trying to repair our relationship after he cheated on me when I was pregnant. Usually I have to talk to him on the phone about it and we end up fighting on the phone. He will sit in his office with his employees there listening to us fight. He makes me out to be this horrible person and tells me all the girls are intimidated by me, one because of my looks, and two because of us fighting. How bad do I feel! I feel like he lets people think the worst of me and it makes me feel like I'm this crazy woman! I am sorry your husband did that! I do not know if guys just really aren't thinking when they do stuff like that or they are just being mean.
I hope he never uses you as his scapegoat again!
Have a good day!
my5sons
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:45 PM
My husband does that all the time, the difference is is that he tells me afterwards.  I did get him once, his friend called me first to ask if I minded if he asked my husband to go to Indy with him and of course I told him I thought that would be a great idea. So when he called my husband, my husband told him that I had made plans for him I would never let him leave for the weekend.
So when his friend told him that he had already talked to me my husband was very embarrassed.  Alls I could do is laugh and say you are busted this time
dazymae7
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:47 PM
My husband even begs me to call in sick for him WHEN HE IS SICK or if he is just wanting the day off.  He just won't do it.  He is such a baby.  I guess he's scared they will come through the phone and chew him out or something. 
MEN!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)