Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Get Back-to-School Tips & Enter to Win a $500 Gift Card! *WINNER ANNOUNCED*

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM
  • 910 Replies
33 moms liked this

We're sharing great tips on making the transition back-to-school easier for the whole family, from breakfast to bedtime.  
(Don't have a kid going back to school this year? Our tips can make everyone's lives easier, whether you're a mom of little ones or an empty nester.)

Check out our 7 Back-to-School Tips (the first one is below), and share your own family's school-time strategies in each post for a chance to win a $500 gift card!

----------------

Back-to-School Shortcut #1: Grab-and-Go Outfits

Tackle your kids' style a week at a time to avoid AM fashion drama. On Sunday, have your child (with or without your help) match up tops, bottoms and accessories for each day. Arrange them together on one hanger, if possible (pants hangers with clips are great for this), using clothespins to clip smaller items (hairbows, underwear) in place.

MAKE IT FUN: Organize an impromptu "fashion show" to let them model their outfits for the family!

Who picks out the clothes in your house: you or the kids? How do you save time getting them ready?

school bus

Click here for Back-to-School Shortcut #2: Make-Ahead Breakfasts >>

One mom who replies to all 7 of our Back to School posts will win a $500 gift card!

*The Giveaway Rules 

The Back to School Giveaway starts 8/12/2013 at 8am (ET) and ends 8/31/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to the 7 Back to School Posts associated with the giveaway with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $500 gift card to Target, Walmart or amazon.com. The random drawing shall occur on or about 9/7/2013. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules. 

by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM

my daughter picks out her clothes..usually the night before

newbie1198
by Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM

WE USUALLY PICK OUT OUTFITS A COUPLE OF DAYS AHEAD

Dcjgar01
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I pick out the night before.

oooomelissaoooo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM

we get them out the night before bed and lay them ontop of her dresser

goddiddlyumshis
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM
We may out clothes the night before. He picks it out, that way the problem can be over before the morning lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids pick out their own outfits although if I have to veto for any reason I will.  They are all boys so they don't spend too much time and it has never been an issue.

jhelmke
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM

My son wears a uniform. Clothes laid out night before.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM

We alway make sure we have a full clean outfit ready to go and hanging up before bed time.

MOM2DMSD
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM
My kids wear uniforms so it isn't so much of a battle in the mornings.
Tink0711
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM
DD picks her outfit the night before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)