Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help! Is it ok for girl to shower with dad???

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 171 Replies
3 moms liked this
My 4 year old daughter came home from her dads house this past weekend and she told me that she took a bath with him. I contacted him and asked him not to do this and that she is to the stage where she is wondering and touching but he sees nothing wrong with it. I am NOT comfortable with him sitting naked in a bath tub with my daughter!! Am I the only one who feels this way??
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QueenWisdom
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:33 PM
4 moms liked this
No your nt!! That's totally inappropiate I believe! I don't even let my 7 yr old dd bathe with me!!
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM
10 moms liked this

Eh. I don't find nudity a big deal. So what if she sees that daddy has a penis, is it a big secret? 

Kaci
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM
3 moms liked this
This

Quoting QueenWisdom:

No your nt!! That's totally inappropiate I believe! I don't even let my 7 yr old dd bathe with me!!
activitymode
by Coolest person ever! on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
what are your concerns? has he been inappropriate with her or other children before? do you believe he has the propensity to molest?

I still shower with my three year old son from time to time and it's never been a big deal. But he should respect your wishes as her mother and stop doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenWisdom
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:42 PM
16 moms liked this
I'm sorry but I happen to find an oversized penis dangling in front of or in back of my 4 yr old dd a very BIG DEAL!!
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM
6 moms liked this
In my opinion it's too old. Unless daddy is wearing swim trunks.
shortycmlb
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM
7 moms liked this

My almost 5 yr old and almost 3 yr old DDs take tubs with their dad occasionally, he usually either wears boxers or puts a washcloth over it and hands them off to me to dry off when they're done so he can shower.

I don't find nudity a big deal, we're different, end of story. The more you make it taboo the bigger of an issue it becomes and it'll be later on.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I see no issue with it but i think he could respect your wishes.  Did you find out if he was nude or in a swim trunks?  To our family nudity is no big deal and dd never grabbed at another persons body parts that were different than hers.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Some people have issues with opposite sex nudity at her age.
If you do then all you can do is voice it to her father.  There's not much you can do especially since you aren't with him anymore. 
I would have a problem with it but I was also molested by my 2nd step father...NOT my biological father!  Good luck in dealing with this.

villagemamma
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM
5 moms liked this

I think that after a certain age (and i believe 4 is past that age) it isnt appropriate. My dd is 4 and asks a lot of questions. I dont think nudity is shameful or bad but sometimes kids say things that they maybe shouldnt to people that they shouldnt and things can be blown to far out of proportion now days by outsiders that i just wouldnt want to risk it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN