Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help! Is it ok for girl to shower with dad???

My 4 year old daughter came home from her dads house this past weekend and she told me that she took a bath with him. I contacted him and asked him not to do this and that she is to the stage where she is wondering and touching but he sees nothing wrong with it. I am NOT comfortable with him sitting naked in a bath tub with my daughter!! Am I the only one who feels this way??
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I don't think a little girl should ever shower with her father. Ever
bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow, ppl.

My 5 yr old still does. No issue with it here at all. she has known what a penis was since she was like 2 yrs old, we are not ashamed of anything here.

My 11 yr old still jumps in the shower me sometimes on rushed mornings. I now different cause we are both females. but whatever.

We dont sexulaize everything in my house so no its not a big deal....oh and dd's dad and I are not together, so yes it is at her dads house. I have no reason to distrust him or think anything of it, or I would not have picked him to have kids with.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Quoting CrystalM30:

I tell you what, some of you may not find this inappropriate but I'm sure cps would.

NO they would not . At least not where I live anyways. lol

SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Would YOU have let him if you were still married to him??????
Would he have done this if still married to you???
Is there a reason hes given you not to trust him with his dd??

If you raise a child to think nudity is wrong, they will be curious to try and find out why/what

If you raise them to see nudity, its not as shocking to them as they will look beyond it.
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM

He's her daddy. I don't see the problem. But then again, nakedness has never been that taboo, to me. I saw my dad naked more times than I can count growing up. It was never weird or innapropriate, just part of life. We took naked showers in the rain til I was, like, 12 lol

melissanoel
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I would definitely not feel comfortable with it. Whether he sees anything wrong with it or not if it makes you uncomfortable he should respect your wishes. I am not uncomfortable with nudity at all and take baths and showers all the time with my daughter, but that would make me uncomfortable. I don't see the big deal about her seeing him naked, but I don't think he needs to be naked in a bathtub with her.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM
5 moms liked this
That's fucked up. Do you really trust your dh so little that you wouldn't even let him bathe his own infant daughter?
Quoting deltadawn1975:

There is no way I would allow that at any age. My dh has never even bathed my dd (not even as a baby).
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Are you sure he was naked? My husband used to take baths with my kid and he always wore swimming trunks. If he didnt wear swimming trunks maybe you could offer it up as a compromise. 

Photo: -Randi.

stormster94
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM
No, not ok!
supercarp
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I don't think this is safe behavior. She was touching??!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)