Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

IUD Removal

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

Good Morning,

July 10th I had my IUD Mirana taken out, it is now August 14th still no sign of my period.. my midwife said it should only take 3-4 weeks to get my period and then my DH and I can start ttc. We have been having unprotected sex since the day it was taken out. With no period, I have taken 2 tests from the Dollar Store, (1-2 from each other) both were negative. I'm having these symptoms: sore breasts, bloating, hungry, headaches, sore gums (which I had with both of my other 2 girls), I also just feel pregnnat but I keep getting negative tests???

Would it still be to early to test? Should I not use a Dollar Store test? Any comments or suggestions....

lol I am just getting frusterared here!!

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom24girlsmt
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

My body was way out of whack when I got mine out in January it took almost 6 weeks before I got my period, I was so not used to getting a period that every ovulation and pms cycle I  "feel pregnancy symptoms" lol, good luck on the baby makin' Momma!!

cupcakesippycup
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Okay good, I feel a little better now. My midwife said 3-4 weeks after removal so I'm over here thinking omg I haven't gotten my period and I'm not pregnant, maybe there is a problem. Those new IUD marina lawsuit commercials are getting to me.

Quoting mom24girlsmt:

My body was way out of whack when I got mine out in January it took almost 6 weeks before I got my period, I was so not used to getting a period that every ovulation and pms cycle I  "feel pregnancy symptoms" lol, good luck on the baby makin' Momma!!

Saloria
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I have been experiencing the same thing only I just came off the pill (I did have Mirena for 5 years until last year in January then immediately switched to Microgestrin pill). Coming off the pill I have been having loads of PG symptoms and I am over 2 weeks late but all test come back negative. I think it might just be the effects of coming off birth control methods.

mom2byz
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Anything that has added hormones is going to effect your body.

A test would be show a correct result at this point. Good luck!!!!

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I don't have experience with this but here's a bump for other moms to see.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

jconney80
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:19 PM

The dollar store tests are the best ones. They detect hcg levels quicker. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)