Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DH Wants Me to See a Doctor!! I Say it's too soon! Suggestions??! *Warning* TMI

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Should I take DH's advice and see the Doctor or am I right, that this could be normal changes?

Options:

Listen to DH, see the Doc

It could also be other problems (please list other issues in the comments)

These are normal changes that I have experienced (or known someone who has) give it time

Never experienced this/Don't know

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 173

View Results

Hi, so my husband would like me to see the doctor but I feel like its too soon for that. About a little over a month ago I went off birth control. I know that the body goes through a lot of changes when coming off BC (I was taking microgestrin). I tried explaining this to DH. I started getting really bad cramps about a week after coming off the pill and they lasted roughly 2 weeks. They would be in the pelvic area and wouldn't be so bad that I couldn't function but it would bother me. The last night of the cramps it really hurt to the point where I was doubled over in pain but the next morning they were gone and haven't come back the past 2 weeks. I have spotted twice (sorry TMI) a light tannish discharge (once about 2 weeks off the pill and another time yesterday which would have been 5 weeks off the pill). Both times it was just the tiniest bit, barely there, nothing shows when wiping, it would just be on the liner (which I have been wearing because I am hoping AF comes soon since she is already 2 weeks late) and then goes away. I have had early pregnancy symptoms but I know I am not pregnant because I have taken multiple PG tests with negative results. I tried telling DH that many of the symptoms (like cramping, spotting, tender breasts, vivid dreams, fatigue, and others) can also be due to coming off the BC but now he is freaking out because he is having nightmares (and yes I am serious) that I can't have any more kids (I already have 2 from a previous marriage).

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else when coming off birth control? Is this very common, could he be right that there may be another issue and I should consider seeing the doctor? Any help would be great as none of my girl friends ever experienced this when they came off birth control. Thanks in advance ladies!

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NVL0707
by Emerald Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I would say its probably from getting off the birth control.It really wouldn't hurt though to call the doc and get checked out.good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Imjustinsmommy
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:53 AM
4 moms liked this

I was never on bc but  it is a strong possibility that its the hormones adjusting as you said .. that being said.. i woudlnt take any chances with a " possibilty" when it comes to  changes in my body.. also if dh si THAT concerned its giving him bad dreams  if not for you..  go for HIM hun.

berlgirl1224
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM
They sound completely normal. Do some Internet research on that specific birth control for your husband and show it to him. If he still doesn't believe you, call your obgyn and and they will prob have a nurse call you back and then you guys can chat about it. That's what my office always does. Lol. But in my opinion your symptoms all sound fine and your husband sounds a little over dramatic, no offense. It sounds like he is pushing for a pregnancy ASAP and these little symptoms are just freaking him out. Give it time and it will happen
Momofmenagerie
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM
8 moms liked this
A doc visit isn't unreasonable, even if it is just coming off the pill. Take DH with you.

They don't know this stuff, it isn't just anxiety over children. He's genuinely concerned about you. Men are not taught this stuff, have the dr. help educate him.

LilliesValley
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM
3 moms liked this

I think it all sounds normal but if it would make your dh relax then why not make a doctor's appointment? I mean really what do you have to lose? An hour of your time and a co-pay to put the mind of the man you love at ease. I think it all sounds normal but who knows, so just go to the doctor bc at the end of the day your dh will be more at ease and you can just move forward.

goldpandora
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM

The symptoms you describe sound like mittelschmerz ... pain associated with ovulation. Yes, this would be normal seeing as, having stopped the pill, you are now ovulating again

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

It is most likely from coming off BC.  However, since it is having such a strong affect on your DH's mental well-being, I think you should make an appointment and have him come along.  Sometimes it's more about peace of mind than anything else.

kim8934
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM

both times I came off of BC, it was pretty much the same.  I would say it was so bad, I was ready to go back on.  give yourself another month and see if everything regulates.

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

i have never experienced this before  but i would go to the doctors to get checked out just to make sure your ok goodluck mama i hope it all comes out ok 

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
All sounds normal, it may take you up to a month - or after you have a normal cycle
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN