Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

realizing how lucky i really am.. ** kinda long

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 6 Replies
I've been married for 3 years almost and I've got a daughter. I've seen how some of you are being treated or how you treat others . I realized just how good I have it but I don't do my best to show DH that I appreciate him. I stay home with my little one and he works 8-10 hrs a day and comes home exhausted everyday. I haven't really given him much appreciation for everything he does. I actually feel like I don't do enough for him to make up for him being so good to us. He's never looked at another female in a flirtation way and he's always been more than willing to do anything to make me happy. why can't I make myself do more or feel like I can do more? is there anything I can do to make everything 'even' I guess ?
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momma_1985
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

To men sometimes the littlest thing you do is wonders for him...like a home cooked meal, a back massage(my husbnd loves these), a thank you for what he does.

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Keep in mind he probably gains great satisfaction from providing such a good start to his daughter. She isn't in daycare with strangers. You contribute in that way.
I make sure i flirt with my husband and make him feel sexy. I send him texts and we make plans for date nights to stay close.
Corasmom43
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Date nights out aren't exactly possible we don't have much extra money and no one else will watch our little one. I know I'm doing a good thing by keeping our daughter at home but I feel like I could do more for him I just don't have the energy or creativity
RADmomma
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes ill leave dh a note in his lunch, on the bathroom mirror or on the front door. I send texts often to remind him that we appreciate him.

I go out of my way to make his favorite dinners a few times a month.

The girls will make him I love you cards for no reason.

We will wait on the porch when he gets home & smother him with hugs & kisses.

Spend time cuddling after lo goes to bed.

I understand date nights are tough. We live 3 hours from any family & friends so we don't get date nights either!!
opal10161973
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Blow jobs.  Unless it's something they don't like, but the majority do like them- A LOT.  LOL  Men are much simpler in their needs than we are.  You don't have to get very creative really.  It's pretty much food, sex, and not harping at them.  Each one has their own needs or wants that is different, but in the big picture, those three things will make them happy. 

DH has been great lately with his praise of my food.  I think he knows the more nice things he tells me, the more time I will spend becoming better at it.  That- or I already have.  LOL  That is the kind of thing that is win-win in a marriage.  If you give him praise, it will often be given back to you.  They DO like their egos to be stroked.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

While I do all those little things occasionally (notes in his lunch, send him flirty texts, make him meals he likes, etc) really the thing that seems to make the biggest impact on him and means the most is a simple thank you.  Every once in a while, I'll say something like, "thanks for working so hard to support our family."  He absolutely beams with pride and it seems to have more meaning than any of those little gestures.  And I know how he feels because he'll sometimes say the same to me regarding me staying home and caring for our little ones all the time and there is really nothing that makes me happier to hear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN