Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have a lazy dh or so?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 52 Replies
I feel like my dh is so lazy. I deal with it and don't bitch except on here lol. I work part time nights so I am the one with my son while he is awake 24/7. So 2-3 days a week I go without any sleep or if am lucky a hours depending on how late my son sleeps. My husband works day shift 5 days a week. He says since I am home the most I am in charge of the house. He would let the house look like a pig sty if I didn't clean. Well he expects me to clean, cook, do the yard work, laundry and take care of the my son. He says he never wanted kids and only have them to make me happy so they are my responsibility. He expects to be able to come home and watch tv, play on the computer, or go out when he is off. His days off he wants to take naps, go golfing or hanging out with friends. Is there anyone else that deals with this?
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
My husband isn't lazy but he doesn't do a ton around the house. On days off he wants fun but I'd like to spend some days working on the house.
Knjp3589
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Sounds like you need to have give him a rude awakening because that is not how a marriage is suppose to go its 50/50!! An him saying he didn't want kids an just has them to make you happy is down grading to you. I would be asking why he is even with/married to you!!
big.city.mama
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
One question why would you marry a man that didn't want kids but you wanted children now I do agree he is as wrong as two left shoes for not helping keep the housework done but what are you going to do about it? Sounds like its time for a serious talk
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this

lazy is an understatement!

coupon_ash_back
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM
He is not at all lazy.I'm sorry you have to deal w/that
katwulz
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM
My husband works 5 nights out of the week. i work part time during the day. And take carw of our daughter that has a congenital heart defect, thank God i can take her to work with me. But no he doesnt help me with anything and bitches when i ask him to take out the trash. it used to be we would both clean on our day off. and now i do everything. plus i decided to go back to school myself since both my kids will be in school. my husband doesnt go out he pretty much stays home and plays his games and on the computer, the only time he leaved the house is to go to work, or if we go out to eat and even then we get it to go.
laughingdiva
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

shouting

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope.

I'm a sahm and he works 40 hours a week, but he cleans more than I do some days.
QueenBof6
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:48 AM
He has his lazy moments. But I don't blame him.

I'm a sahm and he does his part around the house just like everyone does
oddmom28
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I make my man clean and he volunteers to watch the kids. It took once me being up for 38hrs straight for him to understand I need sleep or he will be miserable.
My friend is in a similar situation. She has about given up and started talking about divorce. She said she can only feel like a maid/nanny for so long.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)