Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

1st child leaving home to go to college

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am a 34 yr old mom n my oldest of 3 graduated this yr. He's heading to college next week n I'm freaking out. I am very over protective n don't want my baby to leave! Any suggestions on how to make it easier?
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RADmomma
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM
How far away is he going?

Have you seen the campus?

Are you bringing him to college is he allowed his vehicle!??
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Provide him with the basics for comfort if he is living there, other than that, suggest that he text or call. It is an adventure for him. Best of luck to him.

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM

You must have been a young mom!  I was only 23 and my 1st is leaving home this fall.  Im 41 now.

Cant help you!  Cant wait for my bird to get out of the nest!  She is only an hour away though and there is a daily bus here if she ever wants to come home. 

happinessforyou
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Yeah- I cried all the way home after we dropped her off at the dorms.... It was 2 1/2 hr drive-it gave me quite the headache! lol

It will be fine :)

honeybee69
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM

My first is in her second year. We were really happy that she could have a car, that way she can make it home some weekends. Text messages are good way to keep in touch a little, also facebook. Send care packages! Students love to get care packages from home. Be prepared for the phone calls home that they need money!  We all took her up to college, so all 5 of us! 

It gets easier...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)