Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Implanon removed chances of pregnancy?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
Almost 5 weeks ago I had my implanon removed due to my body not adjusting to it, I had it put in March. My last proper period would have been in Feb, during those 3 months I had spotted but wouldn't call it a period. Since having it removed I've had no signs of a period coming anytime soon. I've had unprotected on Tuesday just gone so 5 days ago. Just above my vagina I've started to get a weird feeling. It's like a slight cramp, I don't EVER get cramps with my periods.
What are the possible chances?
With my son, I didn't know I was pregnant until 20weeks, so I am unaware of the early signs.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Courtney922
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Bump
katherine50
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I would just go get checked better safe then sorry. Go to docs or get a pregnancy test. Good luck.
TheNuttHouse
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM

not sure not on any birth control and i didnt find out late in my pregnancy that i was pregnant with my son either so im not sure, id say go see an ob doctor and or get a test good luck

Pagan_Mommy84
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:49 AM

First of all, EVERY woman is different with birch control.  I've been on many birth controls and I've currently had my implanon taken out a little over a month ago.  The first two years that I was on implanon, I didn't have a period and it worked amazingly.  Somewhere around February of this year, I started having periods out of the ying yang!  I was having 2 periods a month at minimum, twice I had 3.  That's rediculous, especially when a rumbling amount of horrible cramps come with them.  More than half of the month, I was on my period.  So, I had my birth control taken out 3 months early.  I had a period right before having it taking it out, and haven't had one since.  I was put on the pill straight after and haven't had any issues.

Many doctors will say that your fertile right after taking it out, other will say that it can take a few months for everything to fall into place before you can get pregnant again.  I really don't know the answer, but after reading your post I did do some research and read through a lot of blogs.  There has been many successful pregnacies after having the implanon taken out, times verying from 2 weeks to a year before they got pregnant.  I personally think that it just depends on the person, so be patient and don't stress about it would be my suggestion.  After 5 or 6 months, if you aren't able to get pregnant, see if your doctor would run some tests for you just to make sure that everything is going alright. 

Anyhow, goodluck and I hope that your able to just relax and enjoy trying :)  From what I understand, if people try to hard (even with no BC or issues involved) that they have a hard time getting pregnant.  So have fun with it ... and again, good luck :)

Hollybriann
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Ugh. The evil stick. I go to see about getting mine out on the 13th. Can't wait.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)