Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I feel a little morbid-am I crazy?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:46 AM
  • 20 Replies
On April 6, 2013, we lost my older brother Geoffrey in a motorcycle crash. It was very sudden, unexpected and my heart has been in pieces since that night. It was never reported on the local news, but there is a website that his best friend found called accidentin.com and there was an eye witness account of what happened from someone who was behind them by about 2 cars. I've read the account over and over, and it's very detailed, all though not gory or anything like that. I don't want to know the gory details, I just wanted to know what happened from someone who was there. And as it turns out, a dear friend of mine from high school was one of the motorcycle riders with him that day. In fact, he stayed with my brother until the life flight helicopter could get there to take him to the hospital. I sent him a message on Facebook, asking him if he could tell me what happened. I just feel kind of morbid for wanting to know the details of the crash and my brother's death. Am I wrong? Is it normal to want to know?
~*~ChelleyPooh583~*~
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:49 AM
4 moms liked this
No...I think that's normal. Sometimes, knowing all of the facts of something gives you a sense of control over something you couldn't possibly have had control over.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessica1078
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't find that morbid at all. Knowing what happened can help with closure. Sorry for your loss.
ChelleyPooh583
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Thank you both for your condolences and your replies. I just needed to know I'm not completely nuts over wanting to know. I've never had to go through anything like this before.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't find that to be morbid either hon. I'm so sorry about your brother and I hope some day you will feel a sense of peace again.
ChelleyPooh583
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Thanks bmw29.

thickmamaof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
No I don't think so. When my 13 year old sister committed suicide I wanted to just touch her so bad. I finally touched her shoulder at the funeral and it was cold and so hard. I don't know why I wanted to feel her. I feel a little morbid about that to. Sorry about your loss!!!
Hartbrayka
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:18 AM

not at all, this will give you some closure and let you grieve.  If you do not find out, you will always wonder and have unanswered questions. 

taKENheart
by Flovely on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I'll just co-sign my friend's reply.  I hope you do find some peace soon.

Quoting bmw29:

I don't find that to be morbid either hon. I'm so sorry about your brother and I hope some day you will feel a sense of peace again.

bahamamama61
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I'm so sorry:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:38 AM
When my moms brother died she got an autopsy report. She wanted to know how he died, what injuries. I read the report as she didnt want to see the pictures or get gory details. She just wanted to hear, broken neck, or whatever.
He had flown off his bike into a tree then his Harley fat boy slammed into him. There was not just one lethal blow. What to tell her? Pick one and comfort her or the truth?
Be careful what you read and who you ask, you may hear something you aren't prepared to hear.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)