Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Babysitters

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have never really used a babysitter my kids have either been in daycare or with my mom when I work. So what's a fair rate for a babysitter??
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM

look at sittercity for current rates.  What age you are willing to hire also plays a part in wages.  Since it is just pocket money for me i charge 5/hr.  

Courtney922
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
When I've looked for a babysitter for Eli, I've always gone through his daycare centre, because it's people he knows & trust as well as I know and trust. Not only that, they all should have qualifications & a first aid cert.
bjw_053109
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Ok so i Iive in a small town most babysitters here are high school students the one I've hired is almost 16 and has very good references and is CPR and first aid certified.
KhloesMom2009
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:17 AM

We live in KS and pay $8 hrly

AprilVKing
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I reside in florida. Typically here its usually about $10 per hour, unless you have freinds that maybe have very responsible young adults maybe 16/17 maybe you can pay them $8. Whatever you decide just make sure they have babysitted before, familiar with handling children and it would help if they had cpr and first aid knowledge. Personally I tend to rely on my family first before I seek elsewhere. However the daycare that aariq attends also has overnights. So I've been pretty lucky.

Best Wishes

April

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I pay about $7-8 an hour, but I know people who will do it for less and people who will only do it for more. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)