Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

College send off

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi, I'm 47, 3 kids. I'm sending one off to college tomorrow. Happy and sad at the same time. He has food allergies to 5 foods, so I am nervous. They put him in an upperclassman dorm so he has a kitchen. hoping he will connect with freshman and christians. My husband has been rude to me all day, so I'm just bummed.
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Why is your husband being rude to you? 

It is a happy and sad day when your kids go off to college. ::hugs::

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM
While it stinks being on the receiving end of the rudeness, it might just be how he's coping with your son leaving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Good luck to him! That must be hard bit I'm sure he will do great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Awe, Good luck to him. I hope your hubby gets over his bad mood.  My brother is like that.  My dad passed away this year and he has been so rude to my mom and I.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Best of luck to your son. He'll figure out the allergies. I know when I sent my son I was worried about his allergies and he did just fine. Your husband is probably also stressed about this change in your lives.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I am sorry about your loss of your father.

Quoting Cherish77:

Awe, Good luck to him. I hope your hubby gets over his bad mood.  My brother is like that.  My dad passed away this year and he has been so rude to my mom and I.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Thank you, it was sudden, but not completely unexpected, he had Pancreatic cancer and was undergoing Chemo, we are just glad he didn't suffer long.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting Cherish77:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

It is very sad. :(

Quoting Cherish77:

Thank you, it was sudden, but not completely unexpected, he had Pancreatic cancer and was undergoing Chemo, we are just glad he didn't suffer long.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting Cherish77:

Adexecmom
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I take my daughter on Saturday.  I'm a major planner, and I'm an ace at packing.  I'm doing laundry and making lists, etc.  My daughter is getting nothing done.  She's driving me crazy.  She has more clothes than Paris Hilton.  It's insane.  I know we're going to be up until midnight Friday getting stuff done. 

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Welcome to the group!!  I hope your son does well in school.  Boo on your husband for being a turd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)