Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ringworm

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM
  • 8 Replies
This is my first time having ringworm. I'm beyond annoyed knowing i have this. Any personal experiences?
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Both of my children got scalp ringworm last year. We lived in Europe and it's fairly common there. DS got it first and was treated quickly but it sprung up again and then my DD got it. She was misdiagnosed, even after explaining DS had a confirmed case, and therefore not treated properly. She had a baseball sized bald spot with 24 hours. It turned into a 6 month ordeal and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tattedmommi
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:40 AM
I didn't even know what it really was till I was 19 and it was on my back in my tattoo....EVIL
hellokittyemma
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM
I'm a clean person but after reading about it I'm fairly certain I got it from our local pool. I just don't want to spread it to my 3 year old!
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:23 AM

I have no personal experience with it and hope i never have.  *knock on wood*

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I think DD got it once about 8 years ago. We just used the anti-fungal cream, or whatever it was, and it went away, never to return again.

Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I got it once from a kitten I found you need to go get meds from your dr so it doesn't spread it was a cream and a antibiotic for me

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Same here when DS was 2. that was 16 yrs ago and it never came back either nor did me or my ex dh get it or any of the other kids

Quoting Pnukey:

I think DD got it once about 8 years ago. We just used the anti-fungal cream, or whatever it was, and it went away, never to return again.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I have not had any experience with it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)