Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diarrhea and Teething?

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:40 PM
  • 17 Replies
So my 9 mth old just got his second tooth this Saturday, talking about taking its time. My question is, does diarrhea have anything to do with teething. I have heard that it does, but want to know if any other mothers have experience with their child and the big D and T?
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
profoundlove
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:43 PM
They seem to go hand in hand, yes.
It's temporary, thank God.
caham
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:44 PM
It has always been an indicator with my DD.
ashleykimball
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:45 PM

My son had diarrhea everytime a tooth cut through. That was the only thing that has happened with him! He's 16 months old and has 8 teeth.

lovingmax
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:45 PM
yes.  but most of the time max had a runny nose.  but diarrhea is part of the process for lots of babies, and fevers too.
AlabamaMom2
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:46 PM
Lord yes.  Teething can also cause constipation.  Thank God for being the oldest of 4 children, and the oldest grandchild on both sides of 2 very large families!  Oatmeal will help both problems.  At least that's what both of my grandmothers told me when my kids were little, and it seemed to work pretty good with them.  And be sure to use something for diaper rash when the baby is teething.  For some reason teething seems to cause the feces to be more acidic than usual!
leah76
Everytime with all 4 of mine Laughing
snwbnnyhnny87
well i was actually wondering this too bcuz Korbin has had the bigD all week, and i took him to the dr and they couldnt find anything really wrong with him!!!! hes already got 4 teeth and has 2 more coming in!!
Shemica
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:52 PM
yea its likely to happen because thats how i know when my baby starts to cut more teeth because he has four teeth already at 8months & he has two more that are about to come in at the top so don't be alarmed it happens to a few babies i'm just glad he doesn't cry when he cut teeth thank GOD
AME0303
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:58 PM

I must be the lucky one....he cries at night and has diarrhea. I feel sooo bad for him. And the fact that he only has 2 teeth and he's 9 mths old means more to tears for him.

Schmiley81
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:11 PM
On the back of my babies Orajel it says runny nose and fever are not part of teething but as far as I know they all are so I don't know what Orajel was thinkking when they wrote that. Yes D, and rash are also part of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)