Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I get my financial aid tomorrow & I'm going to buy a BMW! - CLARIFICATION

Posted by   + Show Post

Just kidding. I get my school money tomorrow and besides getting implanon, it'll just sit there. Maybe I'll buy some new shoes.

What do you do with your school money?

Clarification: I do not take out loans. I get grants and scholarships. Tuition and books are paid for first and the rest of the money is direct deposited to me.

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Replies (141-146):
Megan11587
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:14 AM

We just paid off my car with what was left over.

harajukumoma
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM
You don't have to pay back financial aid. I received aid for 3 years. And I had leftover too that just went back into my account. That money is for her and what she chooses. I was actually told that by a financial aid advisor

Quoting cox3:

Imo just take what you need. You will have to pay it back.

harajukumoma
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Ya I got FA for 3 years. 2 of the years I got leftover. You do not have to pay anything back.. Idk where these people are getting this?! A FA advisor actually told me its for whatever I choose to do with it.
harajukumoma
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:23 AM
You don't have to pay back financial aid. I received aid for 3 years. And I had leftover too that just went back into my account. That money is for her and what she chooses. I was actually told that by a financial aid advisor

Quoting cox3:

Imo just take what you need. You will have to pay it back.

KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM
You have to pay back loans that you take out and that's what people thought she was referring to. I've taken out loans for school and gotten a little extra back, however I don't ever get anything extra off my grants.

Quoting harajukumoma:

Ya I got FA for 3 years. 2 of the years I got leftover. You do not have to pay anything back.. Idk where these people are getting this?! A FA advisor actually told me its for whatever I choose to do with it.

MorganCapt
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I've owned a '97 BMW Z-3 roadster which proptly cost me $8K at 62,000 mi.!    My advice??

Buy a Mercedes when you can afford a car in that price range...you'll be much happier with a really good car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)