Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which are easier Boys or Girls?

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:46 PM
  • 41 Replies
Which do you think are easier to raise Boys or Girls?
I think boys are.  They are less pickey and less mouthy.  The only time I had a really hard time with my oldest son was between the ages 13--15 1/2.  My daughter since she was 8 'tll ?(still counting)  But I love her to death. 
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlabamaMom2
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:49 PM
I'm still trying to figure that out, and my baby is 17!  I think that they both have their ups and downs, it's just that our girls remind us so much of ourselves that we want to make everything that was bad for us good for them, and we try so much harder!
lovingmax
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:51 PM
i think boys are.  although i don't have a girl my ds and sil have girls and i'm glad its them and not me!
LaylaBeth
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:54 PM
I only had one child for the longest time--a boy.
MAN, was he easy! 

This child slept through the night at SIX weeks, waking, only so often, and drifting right back off to sleep, quickly.

He had the EASIEST disposition--he's always been SO mellow. 

I have been truly blessed.

Well...enter my step-daughter.

She is hormonal; (Slightly!!!) spoiled; overly concerned with her looks--to the point where she's a little "big headed" at times, etc., etc. 
It's been an INTERESTING lesson, being around her!

Well, hubby and I are expecting a baby.  
I always wanted a girl--when I wasn't around one--and then after I started being around one, I wasn't so sure I wanted that headache anymore!  

Guess what!?  WE'RE HAVING A GIRL.

But ya know what???  I am thrilled anyway!  

Every child is different--every disposition different.
I am still NOT looking forward to the hormones, but by the time my baby-girl gets there, maybe I, myself, will be a lot more laid back than I am now, and therefore, more equipt to deal with it!!!  

~L~

PS.  My son is an angel MOST of the time, and yes, my step-daughter "tries" me, but I love her, too!  Let's just say this house is NEVER boring!!!    

Rachel26
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:27 PM
Definately BOYS. I have 2 boys and 1 girl. I absolutely love my girl to death but wow is she a handful. My 2 boys are so much easier compared to her.
Tameez
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:30 PM
Boys hands down!
2greatboys48
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:35 PM

I only have two boys and let me tell you...they are hardheaded and tough!!

dellis1066
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:37 PM
I have 3 kids ages 13, 15 and 17.  2 girls with a boy in the middle and my vote is boys are much easier than girls!!!!!!  Boys' energy level is huge, but the mental issues with the girls - that are brought up every single time you have a disagreement - are much more exhausting than my sports boy.  I am tired just thinking about it!  LOL
Krysti
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:38 PM
I always tell people that boys are easier!! My little girl is a drama queen and wines all the time. My little boy is mostly perfect until she agrrevates him!! But ofcourse I love them both the same.
mamadaycare
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:39 PM

My boy is the stubborn one with the tantrums and attitude.  My daughter is the easy going child.  But all children are different.  Different attitudes, disposition, temperaments for boys and girls alike.

fabfive
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:56 PM
WinkI must say...it is truly a toss-up....we have one girl, two boys...I think also, it depends where they lie in the kid chain..oldest, youngest, middle...I'm just glad and fortunate to have experienced both--can't imagine my life without one or the other sex to raise. They both have their pluses/minus...but one doesn't outweigh the other?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)