Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone else regret tubal ligation.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 18 Replies
I had my second son 2 years ago and after he was born i had my tubes cut, ever since then I have regretted it almost every day. I feel like a part of me is missing since I can not have anymore children. My pregnancies were not the best experiences due to sickness and many pains so at the time it felt like something that I wanted at the time. If I had the money to have a reversal I would but I do not. Does anyone else feel like this, do you think these feelings will go away over time?
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodnurse1
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Yes. I went through the same thing after my tubal after having two children. I found out that by some miracle, that my BCBS covered a reversal. It worked. I had immediately got pregnant, miscarried. I then went on to have two successful pregnancies. My youngest are now 8,and 9.
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM

This is one reason why I have said, I'd never have it done.

I hope you are able to find some peace with it. (((HUGS)))

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Hugs to you hon :)

momofsunshine77
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I regret it for different reasons.  I feel like my hormones are completely screwed up, my periods are definitely messed up from before, no sex drive (annoying), etc.  I actually wished I had asked them to REMOVE everything at the time and do hormone therapy.  No more kids, not more periods, no more screwiness.  I have other things going on with me (the list is long) since I had my tubes tied.  :(

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do you regret it? Is it just that you want to have another baby? If so, what are your reasons for wanting another baby? What were the reasons you decided to have your tubes tied? I think if you do some soul searching and are honest with yourself you'll likely find that your instincts to have the tubal done were correct and that you're better off as you are now. I say this because I myself had my tubes tied when I had my 2nd child and I regretted it for a little while, but once I asked myself WHY, and really thought about it, I realized that the reasons were silly, things like I missed having little babies or it'd be nice to have a boy, and the reasons why I did it were still valid, things like I'd likely have to have another c-section, we couldn't afford another baby, I'd miss more work, etc. Given that reflection and some time, I came to realize I was 100% right to have it done and I've never regretted it since.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I decided I never wanted to do anything permanent. Too many ways to prevent preg w/o permanence of tubal ligation.
supercarp
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Love not having to use bc.

RADmomma
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
We won't do something permanent.
We're done having kids but there's plenty if other options out there.
Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM

This is one main reason I will not get it done, because I have heard of too many people regretting it. 

I am actually going tomorrow to get the para-gard (10 year IUD) put in, so I do not have to resort to anything permenant. 

sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I had the mirena in for 5 yrs, no pills, no shots, NO PERIODS! & no babies for 5 yrs :)

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

This is one main reason I will not get it done, because I have heard of too many people regretting it. 

I am actually going tomorrow to get the para-gard (10 year IUD) put in, so I do not have to resort to anything permenant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)