Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone else regret tubal ligation.

Posted by   + Show Post
I had my second son 2 years ago and after he was born i had my tubes cut, ever since then I have regretted it almost every day. I feel like a part of me is missing since I can not have anymore children. My pregnancies were not the best experiences due to sickness and many pains so at the time it felt like something that I wanted at the time. If I had the money to have a reversal I would but I do not. Does anyone else feel like this, do you think these feelings will go away over time?
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Replies (11-18):
locaporbebe
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I had it done 10 years ago and always regretted it. I had a reversal done in October and I am 16 weeks pregnant.
Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I was going to do the Minera- but I like the idea of hormone free, and to be honest I am pretty sure I am done having kids. But, I told DH I would wait to say for "sure" for another few years. 

Quoting sunpeaches1:

I had the mirena in for 5 yrs, no pills, no shots, NO PERIODS! & no babies for 5 yrs :)

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

This is one main reason I will not get it done, because I have heard of too many people regretting it. 

I am actually going tomorrow to get the para-gard (10 year IUD) put in, so I do not have to resort to anything permenant. 

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

me too. I don't regret not being able to have anymore kids but it really messed my period up and so I wish I hadn't gotten it done for that reason only.

Quoting momofsunshine77:

I regret it for different reasons.  I feel like my hormones are completely screwed up, my periods are definitely messed up from before, no sex drive (annoying), etc.  I actually wished I had asked them to REMOVE everything at the time and do hormone therapy.  No more kids, not more periods, no more screwiness.  I have other things going on with me (the list is long) since I had my tubes tied.  :(

Momofmenagerie
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM
No, I don't regret it in the least.
lildaily5
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello hannabugaboo,

I had my tubal ligation done back in Sept. 2011, yes it does go away in time. I have had some days where I wish I hadn't done it, that I would like one more, but ultimately I am happy that I did it. I have 3 girls who are ages: 8,7,and 3. I have a step-son who is 5 years old as well, I love them all and yes some of my family members recently had babies which of course makes me miss those days, however I am enjoying all my children at the ages they are. Sure, I would love another in 2 yrs but then I tink about it and if I am going to move forward in life with my new goals, there just isn't room for another baby. Hope this kind of helps.

sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I looked into both but I felt 10yr was too long also the hormone free could make periods harder, including cramps. .. I already had some of the most horrible menstrual cramps since I was 14 that i used to get rx anti inflammatories & muscle relaxers...even a possibility I wasn't up for chancing!

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

I was going to do the Minera- but I like the idea of hormone free, and to be honest I am pretty sure I am done having kids. But, I told DH I would wait to say for "sure" for another few years. 

Quoting sunpeaches1:

I had the mirena in for 5 yrs, no pills, no shots, NO PERIODS! & no babies for 5 yrs :)

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

This is one main reason I will not get it done, because I have heard of too many people regretting it. 

I am actually going tomorrow to get the para-gard (10 year IUD) put in, so I do not have to resort to anything permenant. 

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Aw, hell no. I'm so very glad I got my tubes tied. If you weren't 100% sure you were done having kids, why did you do it? The doctors and nurses must have asked me 100x each, and ran through every "what-if" scenario before they even agreed to do it. I celebrate every March 15 that I don't have to have any more babies.

trainlady
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I hope the feelings go away. I had mine when I was 32 and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I would breed like a rabbit and had four children and certainly didn't want any more. I love my children with all my heart but I did not need anymore. Just think of it this way. Now you have money and time and resources to bring up two children with everything they need. If you have more you have to spread everything around more and it gets thinner and thinner as the children grow and expenses grow. Be happy with your two and do everything for them that they need and then you won't miss any more. If you happen to be rich enough to afford more, adopt. There are thousands out there that need good loving families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)