Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Disgusting Hate Sent to a family with an Autistic boy. Edit in blue

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 43 Replies

So I read this very hateful letter yesterday regarding an autistic boy. I found out about it via a FB I follow and I have to say reading it makes my blood boil. It also makes my heart hurt very bad for this family. The reason being is because I have a nephew who is severe autistic and I have a child who is also autistic (low end of the spectrum).

One of the lines in the letter states that they should "euthanize him" (yep you read that right!)  I mean seriously? Who the hell says that kind of stuff about a CHILD!? This person obviously needs some serious help and she didn't do her family or her kids any favors by doing this either.

Anyways, this morning I wake up and find out that there is a news report on it and  I'm happy to see that the family has the support of the rest of the neighbors.

Right now this family needs lots of support and I am confident that they will get that support. However this just makes me so mad and so very sad at the same time. No one deserve this, especially this family.

Video

The Letter (yes you can read it all here, but I'm warning you...its really nasty and bad)

EDIT: The link to see the letter is posted on a blog, written by a woman that I follow on Facebook. The letter was NOT directed at her or her family. She saw the letter on her news feed via the person who it was directed to. That family is interviewed in the video. The blog owner wrote on it as she too is a mother of child with disabilties and felt the need to share her thoughts on it after seeing it posted on facebook and coming through on her newsfeed. It was the only way I could share the letter was by linking to her blog.

Edit: I've reposted the link to the letter...the child pictured in the blog was NOT the child the letter was targeting...now that I found a way to load the image without going to the actual blog hopefully this will clear things up? The child that was actually targeted was an autistic 13 year old.

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wiccania
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM
3 moms liked this

It takes a special type of asshole to write something like that.

Anoronlight
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Yep...totally agree.

Quoting wiccania:

It takes a special type of asshole to write something like that.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I'm speechless at that letter and that someone could possible or would possible take the time out to write something so disgusting, and hurtful towards a parent about their child. I also can't believe that this actually came from another woman.

Just when you thought you seen it all, something comes along and takes your breath away and not in a good way.

I am pray for that family and baby Christian, I can not imagine what that family is going through, knowing someone in that neighborhood actually wrote something like that about their child. I am glad they are getting the support they need.

I definately had my cry for today.

Anoronlight
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM

The blog its posted on is not the family the letter was targeted at. The family in the video is. lacey was sharing her thoughts on the letter because apparently the mother of the boy who recieved is on her Facebook feed and she wanted to share her thoughts on the letter. I actually follow Lacey on her facebook that's how I found out about it.

Either way it doesn't take away from the fact that this person, whomever she is, wrote such a nasty letter.

Quoting natural_s:

I'm speechless at that letter and that someone could possible or would possible take the time out to write something so disgusting, and hurtful towards a parent about their child. I also can't believe that this actually came from another woman.

Just when you thought you seen it all, something comes along and takes your breath away and not in a good way.

I am pray for that family and baby Christian, I can not imagine what that family is going through, knowing someone in that neighborhood actually wrote something like that about their child. I am glad they are getting the support they need.

I definately had my cry for today.

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Wow.  The letter is terrible but what if the person came over with some cookies and talked to the family?  Do other families have rights when it comes to the noise level in their yard?  I think the author is crazy but lets say the noises are really bad and the kids are really scared from them?  Do people have the right to say, "I know your child cant help it but there are times we would like to enjoy our yard without your child screaming."

I think its reasonable to want that.  I think there should be a nice way to ask for it.  The child is quite disfigured.  I can see where another child would see him and hear screaming and not even realize he is human.  It would be scary for most children, even older ones the first few times you saw that child.  Maybe find a way to meet in the middle.  Teach the typical kids to have empathy and understand the humanity in even a severely disabled child, also learn that just because your child is special does not mean you have the right to make it uncomfortable for anyone to use the yard.  Special needs or not, screaming isnt fun to listen to.

allornone
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Wouldn't this be considered a hate crime? They could find out who did this. Very sad.

Anoronlight
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Again...the child that was targeted is autistic, the child on the blog is not the child that was targeted.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Wow.  The letter is terrible but what if the person came over with some cookies and talked to the family?  Do other families have rights when it comes to the noise level in their yard?  I think the author is crazy but lets say the noises are really bad and the kids are really scared from them?  Do people have the right to say, "I know your child cant help it but there are times we would like to enjoy our yard without your child screaming."

I think its reasonable to want that.  I think there should be a nice way to ask for it.  The child is quite disfigured.  I can see where another child would see him and hear screaming and not even realize he is human.  It would be scary for most children, even older ones the first few times you saw that child.  Maybe find a way to meet in the middle.  Teach the typical kids to have empathy and understand the humanity in even a severely disabled child, also learn that just because your child is special does not mean you have the right to make it uncomfortable for anyone to use the yard.  Special needs or not, screaming isnt fun to listen to.

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM

OK then take out everything about appearance.  Do people have the right to ask that the screaming be limited in some fashion in the yard?

Quoting Anoronlight:

Again...the child that was targeted is autistic, the child on the blog is not the child that was targeted.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

terpmama
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM
he's not disfigured in the least! He looks like any other kid.
Quoting NDADanceMom:

Anoronlight
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yes they do, BUT I think the right thing that should have happened was that the mother went and talk to the family first. And from the sounds of the woman's letter, she more then likely is bad mouthing this child to her kids instead of trying to explain PROPERLY why he does that.

Either way it doesn't take away from what this woman did and I do hope they track her down, the family was talking about pressing charges possibly and honestly...I would too.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

OK then take out everything about appearance.  Do people have the right to ask that the screaming be limited in some fashion in the yard?

Quoting Anoronlight:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN