Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Disgusting Hate Sent to a family with an Autistic boy. Edit in blue

Posted by   + Show Post

So I read this very hateful letter yesterday regarding an autistic boy. I found out about it via a FB I follow and I have to say reading it makes my blood boil. It also makes my heart hurt very bad for this family. The reason being is because I have a nephew who is severe autistic and I have a child who is also autistic (low end of the spectrum).

One of the lines in the letter states that they should "euthanize him" (yep you read that right!)  I mean seriously? Who the hell says that kind of stuff about a CHILD!? This person obviously needs some serious help and she didn't do her family or her kids any favors by doing this either.

Anyways, this morning I wake up and find out that there is a news report on it and  I'm happy to see that the family has the support of the rest of the neighbors.

Right now this family needs lots of support and I am confident that they will get that support. However this just makes me so mad and so very sad at the same time. No one deserve this, especially this family.

Video

The Letter (yes you can read it all here, but I'm warning you...its really nasty and bad)

EDIT: The link to see the letter is posted on a blog, written by a woman that I follow on Facebook. The letter was NOT directed at her or her family. She saw the letter on her news feed via the person who it was directed to. That family is interviewed in the video. The blog owner wrote on it as she too is a mother of child with disabilties and felt the need to share her thoughts on it after seeing it posted on facebook and coming through on her newsfeed. It was the only way I could share the letter was by linking to her blog.

Edit: I've reposted the link to the letter...the child pictured in the blog was NOT the child the letter was targeting...now that I found a way to load the image without going to the actual blog hopefully this will clear things up? The child that was actually targeted was an autistic 13 year old.

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Replies (41-43):
theresaphilly
by Theresa on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

At least they sent a letter, I have neighbors who will get up in your face and tell you how they think about your child, right in front of your child. Yeah folks can be cruel, so this letter is not a shocker to me.

SAMI_JO
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:04 AM
I am right here with you. I too have an autistic child. If people had to walk in our shoes for a day. They would be grateful for what they have, and more compassionate for those who have special needs. This mom didn't ask to have an autistic child, God decided that.
Quoting Hazelnutkin:

I have a child with Autism. "Normal" children do not have any greater right to happiness and fresh air than  Special Needs children just because they have the GOOD FORTUNE to have been born with good health and typically-functioning brains. I have to balance the needs of my whole family- I have two other kids- and it isn't always easy, but it is the right thing to do. If other children are scared, teach them to understand. That goes a long way.  I am, frankly, shocked that something like this would still be said.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:06 AM

There are going to be people that hate you just because of how you were born.  The best thing to do is not allow their opinion to matter or give their stupidity any more time than it deserves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)