Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He hurt my child!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 42 Replies

Well a little back story my DS who is 6 and is in a DRC classroom with only 6 students and one on one help with is teacher because of a  memory loss issue. Mind you this class has kids in it that have severe learning problems, Downs or in a wheel chair...Well there is a kid in his class who has downs that always attacks my son for no apparent reason, this kids did it all year last year and now again has started this horrible habit again with my DS...My baby came home once again with his baby face all scratched up telling me he doesn't want to go back to school because of this other student.....I have addressed the school about this issue and we have made changes but yet today he was attacked again! Would anyone have any insight or suggestions as to what I could do legally?

Here is his photo from todays attack....hes had much worse last year and he has scars to show for it....uggg

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM
8 moms liked this

i would take pictures of all his wounds that were caused on the school's watch and go to the news. 

obviously the issue was not addressed enough.

then after i went to the news, i would demand that the school pay for a private school where he can be in a safe envirnment.  because you are entitled to that by law.  and i would never allow my child back in their care ever again.

dsebastian23
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM

BUMP!

dsebastian23
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I went to the school about it last year and their solution to the problem was to move my son out of the class for the second half of the day. He clearly stills can have contact with my son....this time it was on the play ground...

Quoting happymommy1105:

i would take pictures of all his wounds that were caused on the school's watch and go to the news. 

then after i went to the news, i would demand that the school pay for a private school where he can be in a safe envirnment.  because you are entitled to that by law.  and i would never allow my child back in their care ever again.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
4 moms liked this
This is unacceptable. I would be at school tomorrow morning demanding something be done regarding the safety of your child. Any resustance or hesitation, contact school board or superintendent. Media is a great idea also.

I am generally laid back, but if what you posted is true....I would be livid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM
5 moms liked this

by law your child is entitled to safe learning environment, and if the school cannot provide it, then the school district has to pay for your child to go to school that does provide that.  

it's a federal law.  

i'm not kidding, i would be blowing this crap up. 

an accident happening, even it happening 2 times (because they would think the first time was a freak event) but this is an ongoing issue.  and your child does not deserve to be hurt in any shape or form!

Quoting dsebastian23:

I went to the school about it last year and their solution to the problem was to move my son out of the class for the second half of the day. He clearly stills can have contact with my son....this time it was on the play ground...

Quoting happymommy1105:

Bellarose0212
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Can you exercise your school choice option and put him in another school? Can he mainstream with an aide in to help him? Private school on a scholarship?

6Swans
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I am with them^^^, I would seriously make this front page news! They did not handle the problem, they did not resolve it...i am telling you, if this keeps going on and something worse happens to your child you will regret that you did not want to cause a fuss! He already has scars from this....the worst ones are the ones you cannot see, show your son that he is worth standing up for, but in the proper way...this will be a learning experiance about justice, right, and wrong for your son. As the other posters have said, I would either make them pay for  private school, gas to and from a GOOD public school where he will be treated properly, or home schooling. I have a child who has Cerbral Palsy and if there is a medical condition such as their immune system being compromised or some other problem, the public schol will send a teacher to my house....don't know if you are in that position, but thought you should know that option.

PrdMmy22
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:53 AM
I would go to the board of education and let them know this is an ongoing problem and no one is doing anything about it. I would also call the newspaper or the news and tell them about it. Talk to a lawyer because I believe you can actually press chargers. Please let us know what happens!
SissyAnn141
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ktina11:

This is unacceptable. I would be at school tomorrow morning demanding something be done regarding the safety of your child. Any resustance or hesitation, contact school board or superintendent. Media is a great idea also.

I am generally laid back, but if what you posted is true....I would be livid!

ME ALSO !!!!!!        angry( ONE MAD MAMA ) !!!!!!!!

Siggy is Clickable to group

Msivrath
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM

OMGosh!!!!!!!! Get legal advice BUT get him out of the class !! Speak to the other parties mum? The other kid may have downs BUT thats no excuse for ya DS to be attacked like that no ways!!

And yeah, see the schools governing body or something!

best of luck and KUP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)