Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SCHOOL IS STARTING...NEED CROCK POT OR QUICK MEAL IDEAS

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 22 Replies

So DH and I both work full time.  We have a high schooler in swimming, younger daughter in gymnastics, and son in swimming.  Needless to say when school starts we cant find our breaks. I need some quick..but yummy dinner ideas.  I love using my crock pot.  Can you please share your fav crockpot meals or quick but delish meals for the school year? 

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supercarp
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Throw a pork loin in the crockpot on low with a little water until it's easy to pull apart. Drain (if you have to) and add BBQ sauce and mix well. Serve on buns.

sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Pinterest! Search freezer crockpot meals! This is awesome!
RADmomma
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Check the family meal solutions group here on CM!!! There are tons of ideas.

I make chicken Alfredo, creamy potato soup, chili, Venice de millo soup, sweet & sour chicken, salsa chicken, meatballs, kielbasa, jambalaya

even chicken with pasta sauce in the crock pot.... Let it cook all day on low & then shred & serve over pasta.

I love my crock pot!!!

Katt709
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I made this. http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/75861/amazing-pork-tenderloin-in-the-slow-cooker

The other night.

I served the sayce over buttered egg noodles and a side of mixed veggies.

I loved it. My 4 year old cleaned his plate and my 21 month old ate almost all of his. I didn't give them the say e though. Dh wouldn't have liked it (he was out if town) bc you can really taste the wine. But I really liked it.

There weren't any leftovers, so I'd double at least for your family if you try it.

Eta: you'll need a programmable crockpot or you'll have to go home at lunch to start it. It only takes 4 hours. Could take 3 probably and be just as good.
terpmama
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Stew... Soo yummy and reheats even better!!

3 cans beef stock

28ounces tomato sauce

veggies of choice (I usually use potatoes, corn, carrots, onion, mushrooms, broccoli, peas) 

stew meat

2 bay leaves 

5T flour

throw it all in and cook 5 hours on low/med

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM

KEEP THEM COMING =)

border7305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Home made veggie soup... Kim :)
snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I line to throw on a beef roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery, with salt, pepper and covert in water and cook all day, it's a family favorite here.
MommyTo2Boyz
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

1 big can and one little can of cream of mushroom

1 small can of cream of celery

1 can of beef broth

1/2 pack of onion soup mix

Some stew meat

I cook it on low for 6-8 hours and then add a bag of cooked extra wide egg noodles. My kids love it. I guess it's like a stroganoff type thing.

MommyTo2Boyz
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Another one I do is put italian sausage in it with a jar of marinara and some chopped up onions and peppers. Then I make a box of mac and cheese on the stove to go with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN