Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SCHOOL IS STARTING...NEED CROCK POT OR QUICK MEAL IDEAS

Posted by   + Show Post

So DH and I both work full time.  We have a high schooler in swimming, younger daughter in gymnastics, and son in swimming.  Needless to say when school starts we cant find our breaks. I need some quick..but yummy dinner ideas.  I love using my crock pot.  Can you please share your fav crockpot meals or quick but delish meals for the school year? 

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM

3-4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts, I can of Rotel, I package of taco seasoning and I can of water, cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours, shred and serve with taco fixings, yummy! You may want to use tongs when you take it out because it is juicy. This works with pork loin too. 

2lbs pork loin chops and I jar of picante sauce of your choice of heat level, cook on low for 8 hours, chunk and serve with either taco fixings or over rice. :) 

Those are my favorites. I also do a variation on the pulled pork above by cooking it in enough root beer to cover it for 7 hours on low drain, shred and add in your favorite BBQ sauce and let it heat for 30 min. 

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM

BUMP!

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM

BUMP!

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Bump sorry I'm not a cooker. I will be making some of these recipes for my family.
KhloesMom2009
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I like to wrap potatoes and corn in foil and put them in the crock pot so that all I have to do when I get home is prepare a protein. If you had two crock pots you could use one for a protein.

starbuckmom03
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I just started doing this and I love it! I don't have to heat up the kitchen with the stove and I don't have to worry about if I've cooked them long enough. They always come out perfect! Going to try sweet potatoes this week in the crockpot too!

Quoting KhloesMom2009:

I like to wrap potatoes and corn in foil and put them in the crock pot so that all I have to do when I get home is prepare a protein. If you had two crock pots you could use one for a protein.

starbuckmom03
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I have a couple of recipes. I need to nurse my dd and then grocery shop. I will try to get back here after my kids are in bed.

Cukimonster
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Chili, pulled pork, chicken lettuce wraps, pot roast, beef and broccoli, lasagna, and stew.  I'm always using my crock pot.  It;s my favorite way to cook.  I look up recipes all the time looking for something new.  And really, you can make just about anything in it.  

DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:

Cooking Oil Spray

2 cups milk

12oz can evaporated milk

1 egg

1 1/2 cups pre-shredded sharp cheddar cheese

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni

Spray the pot or bag if using a liner bag. Whisk milk, evaporated milk, and egg in a bowl. Add cheese and noodles and stir to mix.

Turn on low 3-4 hours

trayseehalf
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I saw on FB chicken and noodles but then when I went to find it, I couldn't. So I looked on Pinterest. I found it. I thought it was good. My Aunt even made a dessert in hers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)