Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SCHOOL IS STARTING...NEED CROCK POT OR QUICK MEAL IDEAS

Posted by   + Show Post

So DH and I both work full time.  We have a high schooler in swimming, younger daughter in gymnastics, and son in swimming.  Needless to say when school starts we cant find our breaks. I need some quick..but yummy dinner ideas.  I love using my crock pot.  Can you please share your fav crockpot meals or quick but delish meals for the school year? 

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (21-22):
starbuckmom03
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Ok, I am back! My kids are in bed, cookies made and a coffee cake in the oven for breakfast!

Here are a few recipes that work for me:

Cheesy chicken and rice.  I really like this one! You do have ot make the rice before putting it in with the chicken after the chicken is done. I make my own cream of chicken soup and it makes it much better tasting. Not as salty.

Beef stew. I really like this one! I put all in and leave my crockpot on high for quite a long time. I like my beef to be nice and tender. This is my go to stew when camping too. I make it up the day before and then just reheat it at the campsite. Its the meal we eat after our campsite is set up.

Beef and veggie soup:
Ground beef, cooked on the stove
Onions, garlic, mushrooms, sauted with the ground beef
2 cups beef broth
1 big can of tomato juice ( I will rinse it out with water and then add that water, usually about 1 cup)
Mix of frozen veggies, corn, peas, carrots, green beans, whatever you have on hand.
A few potatoes, diced

Once this is all cooked, you can add cooked rice to make it go further. If you don't like ground beef, you can use beef stew pieces or ground turkey. All work well.

Chicken Aztec:
4-5 chicken breast
1 Cup salsa    

1 cup frozen corn

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

1tsp cumin
Cook till done. Shred chicken
Dice up a brick of cream cheese, add to the chicken, let soften and then mix in.
Can serve over rice, noodle, or eat with tortilla chips or use as a base for chicken tacos.

Thats all I can think of for now.

BuckeyezRule
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol just what I was going to post. Lol easiest recipe ever. Sometimes I'll brown the meat, sometimes not. I like to add diced tomatoes, untrained, and rinsed pinto beans. We eat it just that way. Hubby uses buns. :)

another super easy is throw frozen boneless chicken in the crockpot, covered with zesty Italian dressing. Shred a 1/2 hour before dinner, add lime juice, and cilantro. I serve it in tacos, for tostadas, taco salad. Yum! :)

I have alot. Lol breakfast for dinner is awesome too. :)

Quoting supercarp:

Throw a pork loin in the crockpot on low with a little water until it's easy to pull apart. Drain (if you have to) and add BBQ sauce and mix well. Serve on buns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)