Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need advice about my health please...

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 6 Replies

I recently started taking fluoxetine and hydroxyzine, and quit smoking 9 days ago.  I noticed about 6 days ago that one of my nipples was expressing milky white fluid....not very much, but enough to scare me to death.  It didn't leak, it had to be expressed.  I called the doctor to find out if it was a side effect of the meds and was told it is not, and to come in for bloodwork.  I recently aced a physical, and I'm wondering if maybe the fluid was due to some hormonal change due to my quitting smoking?  I can't get into the dr's office until the 29th, and the fluid stopped about two days ago.  My other breast has been feeling tender for the past couple of months though, and I'm worried if I don't go in to check it out I'll possibly miss an early notification of breast cancer.  Cancer is rampant on both sides of my family, and I'm scared to death I've not quit smoking in time to save my health.  Am I being nervous for nothing, should I cancel the appt, go, and has anyone else ever had this happen?  There is no possibility of me being pregnant.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2five87
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:37 AM

That can be a sign of breast cancer but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. There are many other things it could be.

Congrats on quitting smoking! I quit in March 2011 and I feel SOOO much better!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I would just wait until the doctor appointment. Why were you pressing on nipples to start with since it wasnt a leak?

MammaPaparazza
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I had that too and I don't smoke. I did get a rush mammo which only showed a cyst, and an MRI of the brain to see if I had tumor and I did not. I'm fine as far as gyn/OB can see. She says its because we have rough foreplay probably and given the amount of sex we have it is stimulating me to produce. Weird right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
red2978
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Because my other breast has been tender.  I know the warning signs are dimpling, redness, and fluid from the nipple.  I don't have any other signs, so when I pressed it to make myself feel better that I didn't have one other sign, the fluid came out.  I know that sounds a bit strange, but it's one of those "I'm alone in the bathroom and going to do weird things to myself" type things."  Sigh.confused

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Smoking does have an effect on hormonal levels, so quitting might do it. Go to the appointment - better safe than sorry - but don't worry too much in the meantime. Congrats on quitting!
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Contact a physician......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)