Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

questions to ask potential babysitter

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have two interviews today for with women who stay at home I would like to keep my son. I just want to know your ideas on what to ask them because I'm kind of new to this. I have always had family watching my son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Ask about their methods & views on discipline.

Ask about nutrition & cleanliness, unless you plan to provide meals for you son.

Ask about activities.

Ask what you're sons typical day would be like

Ask them to discribe a challanging child (nameless) and how they handled the situation, same goes for a challanging parent (nameless).

Ask them why they want to watch other children

Ask them how they handle sick children, ie. will they watch your child sick, or care for other sick children?

Ask them their expectations on payment, days off, (you & them), sick notices, and emergancy situations

if i think of any more, i'll come back to this

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Ask if they are first aid/ infant CPR certified. Ask if they will be running errands with your child in tow or will they stay home. How do they handle sick days? Your baby's and theirs? Do they take vacations and holidays? Are you charged during their vacations and sick days? Do they have people over that are strangers to you and do they interact with your baby? How do they handle fevers? Do they have a reliable car available if your child is injured and needs medical attention? How do they handle a crying baby that needs a nap? Do they have other kids around and are they allowed to hold/ pick up the baby?
littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:59 AM

good ones

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Ask if they are first aid/ infant CPR certified. Ask if they will be running errands with your child in tow or will they stay home. How do they handle sick days? Your baby's and theirs? Do they take vacations and holidays? Are you charged during their vacations and sick days? Do they have people over that are strangers to you and do they interact with your baby? How do they handle fevers? Do they have a reliable car available if your child is injured and needs medical attention? How do they handle a crying baby that needs a nap? Do they have other kids around and are they allowed to hold/ pick up the baby?

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:00 AM
what would you do. how would you handle questions. for example. " little billy ran through the house and threw his sippy cup at the baby. how would you handle it? little Billy didnt eat more than three bites of his lunch and threw a tantrum for a cookie. what. would you do?
MaryLu86
by Mary on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:00 AM
All of those are very good suggestions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)