Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would my epitaph say?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM
  • 5 Replies

Maybe its because I'm 45 now, or maybe I've always been the type to sink into deep thought, but lately, I've been wondering what impact I'm making in my life.  Am I a good mom? My kids love me, but having two young, very hyper kids, one with ADHD for sure, I often question if I handle things in the best way. Am I a good wife? Ha. The husband surely would have to contend with that one. I know I don't pay nearly as much attention to him as he would like or that I used to years ago before kids. Even longer ago since six good years of our marriage were frought with fertility issues. Things tend to wain during emotional upset. Am I a good citizen? I'd like to think so. I try to smile and be courteous to others. We donate to charity, when we can, even though sometimes I feel like we are the charity! Am I a good friend? Since I became a stay-home-mom four years ago, my identity has seemed to disappear. When I was working, I felt like a tiny piece of the world was my niche. Now, I feel lost. I don't seem to be able to fit in with the other moms of kids the same age as mine. They all are at least ten years younger, much more techno savvy than I ever want to be, and I feel old-fashioned, and just, well, old.  So I wonder, what would my stone say? Does anyone know me anymore? Do I?

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM

group hug

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I think we do that as we get older? But being a SAHM can make you feel like that, too. What about working at the school? I did that. It felt like I could be the SAHM and still work because when the he was off, I was off.

Good Luck! And (((HUGS)))

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM

((HUGS)) and I'm so sorry you're feeling so lost. Maybe it's time to make a change like take up a hobby or something that's just for you?

RADmomma
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I'm sorry. Being a sahm makes me have days where I doubt myself. Could the ppl around me benefit more if I worked??

Then I think about it... No. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be!

I hope you find your relief soon.
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM

It will say........

"Here lies a woman who gave too much and thought too much and died from exhaustion!"

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)