Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do you guys deal with more than one kid at a time?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM
  • 15 Replies

OMG thanks God I only have one child cause I will go crazy with 2. Im taking care of my friend's daughters and they are 6 like DD and one is 5. If they are not fighting about who is friends with who, is about one wanting to play house and the others want to play doctors. If not one wants mac and cheese the other wants pizza and another wants potatoes and eggs. Im like WTH, how do people deal with this every single day? those ones that have 2-3 kids around the same age. I commend you for it though, I couldn't do it. I like the fact that DD can put on netflix and I can sit and read my book with no problem at all.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I take them to the library when they get like that, they have to be quiet there!

onethentwins
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I always thought I was lucky to have twins because they would play with each other and entertain each other, leaving me alone to do what I needed to do. It sounds to me like these children have been allowed to have conflict with each other, I never allowed that, and that is how they get attention. 

katherine50
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I have just one and i kind of want another one but shes enough for me right know. Maybe in the future she will have a sibling.
Mom2five87
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 5 kids and working on #6. I have a 7 yr old, 5 yr old, 3 yr old twins and an 11 week old. Honestly, it is not as stressful as most people think. We have our routines and things flow pretty smoothly most of the time. Yeah, there is bickering and crankiness sometimes but for the most part, it's great.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg how are you alive still? Lol

Quoting Mom2five87:

I have 5 kids and working on #6. I have a 7 yr old, 5 yr old, 3 yr old twins and an 11 week old. Honestly, it is not as stressful as most people think. We have our routines and things flow pretty smoothly most of the time. Yeah, there is bickering and crankiness sometimes but for the most part, it's great.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this

You have to have a routine, no short order cook, etc.  Everyone needs to work as a team.  Bickering would end up in time outs here.   OML i was exhausted when dd had her cousin here visiting.  They would fight, make up, fight, make up.   Same with another child i was doing afterschool care for.

-42-
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Plenty of closet space.
xoxRachelxox
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM

It's different when they're siblings.

terpmama
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM

They start off slow and you adjust as needed.... Like a baby, you didn't start with a 6 year old you start with a baby and work your way up. Big thing in our house is "if you can't play nice, you can't play". We also have a "fair dice" (dry erase with everyone's name on it)... If we can't agree on something trivial (like what to play or watch) we roll the dice and that person picks, then the other gets a turn... Or if there's only time for one... If they can't agree, mommy picks. 

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I guess it's different when it's not your child. DD plays well with others and gts along with everyone but everytime this girls come over it's the same story. They don't let dd play what dd wants, or they don't give her a turn. I asked myself how are they at home then. I also see it's all about how you raised kids, cause I had other kids over and they didn't behave like this. My nieces are a handful, I wouldn't babysit them even if they paid me lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)