Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat!

What are you up to today?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!

have a nice day

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Yum! That sounds delish! Are you doing it for a special reason or just because?

Quoting Coline:

Going for some ribs and whings at spur! So hungry!

LilD959
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Let's Chat!

What are you up to today?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!

have a nice day

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM

It's been a busy day so far!  I've been working on a cleaning schedule for my house now that the kids are back at school.  What do you think?

Downstairs:
Vacuum - Mon, Wed, Fri
Dust - Tues, Sat
Powder Room - Thurs

Upstairs:
Vacuum - Thurs, Sun
Bathrooms - Tues
Dust - Tues, Sat

I clean the kitchen every day, so that's not a big deal.  I also sweep the hard wood areas daily.  And, I do laundry as needed.  But the kids will have assigned days to do theirs. 

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Hi there! Sounds like a break is what you needed. I've only ever heard good things about thred up but I've never tried it myself?

Quoting LilJellyBeans:

Hi everyone,

New here so not quite sure how to start. Getting ready for the kids to start school on sept 9th. Their at the grandparents thank GOD...(lol) little break for me and daddy...lol I've been working on swaping out clothes that's to too small ect.. Taking to good will, once upon a child and online with thred up and liljellybeans. Any who has anyone else had a bad experience with thred up. I sent my clothes and read all this bad stuff...

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Sounds like a busy day. How old is your little one?

Quoting soberorose81:

Today I'm trying to get some work done.  Right now, Baby is sleeping rather peacefully beside me here on the couch.  I will be trying to get a few more post ideas completed/written and scheduled for my blog.  Couple calls I need to make.  Clothese and diapers are washing.  The bathroom needs another spot cleaning, but I'm not seeing that in today's future.  Oh, and deciding on something for dinner would probably be nice.  Oh again....I *really* need to work on this crochet project I'm doing so I can start another one and then *probably* open an Etsy shop.  A quick grocery run needs to be made, but I don't know about that either - delegate to Hun I'm thinking :)

Did I mention that at some point, somehow, we need to start packing.......Wow!  Now I feel overwhelmed listing out what I'm trying to accomplish Just Today.....

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I'm not big on them but if he wants to do that then it could be fun, and it would only be a few days to wait before you know?

Quoting 3LittleNutBells:

What's your thoughts on Gender Reveal Parties. I go for my U/S on the 28th but this time my hubby has decided he wants us to have a party and find out all at the same time. I prefer knowing right away. Lol no patience! But our party will be the 1st of September. So what are your thoughts?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I swear, getting gas is the bane of my existance!  lol

What other errands are on your list today?

Quoting bamababe1975:

Same here. I have a little work to do and some errands to run, including finding a way to get to the gas station before the school run so I don't run out of gas in the carpool lane. There was a huge line at the station after school so I just went home instead. I should've just driven into town to another station.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I wouldn't mind one either!  With the kids starting back to school this week, I'm not getting nearly as much sleep as I'd like.

What are you up to today? 

Quoting bamababe1975:

What's on my mind? I need a nap, lol.

do not disturb

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I hear ya! We're heading into peak birthday/holiday season around here, too, so it's about to get and stay busy through, oh, February? LOL. Are the birthdays your kids' birthdays?

Quoting worksmarter300:

hi!

newcomer here!

this is a nice place to network with other moms and share different thoughts and ideas! i am extemely tired, two birthdays back to back, and back to school!!! smh love you sign

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I never knew how much I'd miss them as an adult, lol.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Me too

Quoting bamababe1975:

What's on my mind? I need a nap, lol.

do not disturb

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I'm sorry you're hurting.  What was the surgery for?  Can you take anything besides ibuprofen?

Quoting sunpeaches1:

Still on bed rest & tons of pain from mondays er surgery.... I'm cursing ibuprofen right now...it just doeant work!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN