Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat!

What are you up to today?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!

have a nice day

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Uh oh!  Were you dealing with some insomnia last night? 

Quoting worksmarter300:

me too! i am on only 2 hours of sleep! between classes, work, and kids oh my....shrugging

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I hope you feel better soon! 

What grade is your son going into?

Quoting amberlee42890:

I wish I had time for a nap! I'm so sick today but my son starts school next week so I am so busy getting him ready!! 

Quoting bamababe1975:

What's on my mind? I need a nap, lol.

do not disturb

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Lucky you!  Do you like working from home?

Quoting EmTre:

I am working. I work from home so I am able to spend some time with my two year-old and we will be checking out barney then going to pick up his older sis who is five from school. Full Day Plan!!! #loveinlife

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I'd be nervous too, do you have anyone helping you out tonight or are you on your own?  At least with tupperware, it really does sell itself. ;)

I'm very sorry for the loss of your stepmother.  I think just being there for your dad will help him tremendously and show your support.

Quoting alyson377:

what is on my mind? A lot. I have my first tupperware party tonight as a new consultant and I'm nervous. I am also getting ready to travel out of state to visit my dad and my in laws. We are going to visit my dad on his first anniversary since my step mom died in January. I am nervous that I won't know how to support him.

3LittleNutBells
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM
We already have one of each, so I'm not particular. But hubby and DS want a boy and my DD wants a girl to name Princess Bubblegum haha. So usually just to even it out I side with DD. but to me it doesn't matter. Lol

Quoting amonkeymom:

I think they're pretty cool.  I'd never really heard of them til a year or two ago, but what a fun way to find out whether your baby is a little girl or a little boy!  I'm not patient either though, so I'd be like you and want to know asap.  lol

What color are you hoping to see in the cake?

Quoting 3LittleNutBells:

What's your thoughts on Gender Reveal Parties. I go for my U/S on the 28th but this time my hubby has decided he wants us to have a party and find out all at the same time. I prefer knowing right away. Lol no patience! But our party will be the 1st of September. So what are your thoughts?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Hi LilD!  How is your day going so far?

Quoting LilD959:

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Let's Chat!

What are you up to today?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!

have a nice day

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I am so sorry!  I've had an ectopic (ruptured, loss of left tube) as well and I remember the pain, both physical and emotional, very well.  Were the surgeons able to save your tube?

Quoting sunpeaches1:

What I was told was a miscarriage from blighted ovum early last month turned out was incorrect. Went to er monday from severe pains over past week & turned out to be a 13 wk ectopic preg, 6cm in size, threatening tubal rupture. I was in the OR within the hour...& no I havent bothered calling doc becaue I don't think anything stronger will help either. I was still floating on morphine & percocets when I came home & still hurt to all hell! ...
Its not so bad so long as I don't move :P

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Oh, thank goodness for grocery store savings cards!  I know really you might save a buck or two, but that ads up after a while!

When are your brother & nephew celebrating their birthdays? 

Quoting bamababe1975:

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a Shell station closer so I could use my Winn-Dixie Fuel Perks card - it saves me a ton off each gallon after earning points on purchases at the supermarket and right now gas would cost me $3.07 if I go to Shell and use the card, but $3.22 if I go to either Chevron that is closer. I have to pick up butter and milk and get birthday cards for my brother and nephew before I forget.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I swear, getting gas is the bane of my existance!  lol

What other errands are on your list today?

Quoting bamababe1975:

Same here. I have a little work to do and some errands to run, including finding a way to get to the gas station before the school run so I don't run out of gas in the carpool lane. There was a huge line at the station after school so I just went home instead. I should've just driven into town to another station.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I wouldn't mind one either!  With the kids starting back to school this week, I'm not getting nearly as much sleep as I'd like.

What are you up to today? 

Quoting bamababe1975:

What's on my mind? I need a nap, lol.

do not disturb

Summermum
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Well, I was going to the library to return books with my kids, but I stopped at the garage to have a mechanic look at my car. It was aligned last month and didn't look or handle right in my opinion. Turns out the cambor screws were loose. I feel glad its being fixed right now, but I have no car, and the feeling that something terrilble could have happened (the wheels could have come off!!!) has me in a nervous state.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Princess Bubblegum, what a perfect name!  ;)

I know what you mean, healthy is most important and really both boys and girls are a lot of fun in their own ways.

Quoting 3LittleNutBells:

We already have one of each, so I'm not particular. But hubby and DS want a boy and my DD wants a girl to name Princess Bubblegum haha. So usually just to even it out I side with DD. but to me it doesn't matter. Lol

Quoting amonkeymom:

I think they're pretty cool.  I'd never really heard of them til a year or two ago, but what a fun way to find out whether your baby is a little girl or a little boy!  I'm not patient either though, so I'd be like you and want to know asap.  lol

What color are you hoping to see in the cake?

Quoting 3LittleNutBells:

What's your thoughts on Gender Reveal Parties. I go for my U/S on the 28th but this time my hubby has decided he wants us to have a party and find out all at the same time. I prefer knowing right away. Lol no patience! But our party will be the 1st of September. So what are your thoughts?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN