Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Help

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
My son is going to be 4 in December and Im really having a hard time potty training him. Ive tried eveything as far as trying to get him to go every 30 minutes to letting him wear underwear of his choice,right now its CARS. I just dont know what to do Im really tired of buying pull ups,its getting kind of expensive. Maybe theres something really simple that Im looking past. Any suggestions??? It would really help me out alot.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
de-stressme
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:22 PM
Alot of people tell me they make a game of the potty.  Throw generic cheerios in the pot with a little water so they float, and tell him to aim at them when he has to go.  Hope this helps; it's worked for the moms I know.
mandyandthree
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:28 PM
 I had to use Great Grandparents. I had started and tried everything I knew how to do. With out just getting mad or crying. It only toke a weekend for them. And when He came home I told him that if he didn't keep using the potty Grandma and pa would not let him stay at there house agin. It is a big deal in your house to get to stay over at there house. They are 70 years old and have five adult  childern to many grand kids to count and four that we know of Great Grand kids. They know how.
parkerkamismom
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:29 PM
Well I had to resort to bribery.  My son is 3 1/2 (will be 4 in Sept.) and now only wears pull-ups at night.  I knew he knew when he had to go - he just wouldn't.  So, I bought him the one toy he REALLY wanted and left it out in plain view.  I told him that once he started using the potty everytime and stopped wearing diapers, he could have it.  I let him hold the box every once and a while so he knew it was "for real.".  I also had reenforcement at daycare - she wouldn't allow him downstairs to play until he had 1 whole week without an accident.  And, no, he wasn't left upstairs by himself - there were kids up with him and toys.  He just REALLY loved playing downstairs with the construction toys.  It worked wonders for us.  So try buying him that special toy or taking away the one thing he LOVES - I would bet you'll get results.  Good luck.
momma_2_3
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:35 PM
My son turned 4 in sept.  he has been potty trained since he turned 2. All I did was let him run around in underwear or in his birthday suit. He picked it up pretty quick, If his dad is around you should have him watch his dad.  that is another thing we tried I also have a 7 yr old he took a lil longer than my 4 yr old but he figured it out.  He will do it just as soon as he is ready.  might not be exactly when you want it but it will happen.  Oh and another thing monitor how much you give him to drink that way you will know when he should go.  If he still has a sippy cup try switching to a regular cup. Hope this helps
MiaGirl
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Everytime i went to the bathroom, i put my baby on her potty too. she was ok with me there, she wanted to be like me. but without me sitting there, she didnt want to stay.

She LOVED power puff girls.

Well, in my bathroom, I had a black and white checkered floor already. so i got a black plastic shower curtain, cut big squares, and made the whole bathroom balck and white checkers ( like the cartoon network sign)
Then I got power puff posters and put them all over the walls of the bathroom.
I had even little pictures, and ones she had colored too.
She loved it so much she wanted to be in there all the time. so the thing was that she had to sit on the potty if she wanted to be in there. Dont you know, she was coloring and everything on here potty. LOL

AND we gots LOTS and LOTS of compliments on our bathroom LOL
SHe called it her " cartoon Cartoon " bathroom.
I would love to hear her sit there singing " fighting crime trying to save the world..here they come just in time..the power puff girls...POWER PUFF! "

Boy do i miss those days...they were sooo precious!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)