Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ok ladies ...this is where the 'ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer' term comes into play..i need your help!

Posted by   + Show Post

i love my aunt ...she is 7 yrs older than me (im 33).

However , she has this really rude habit ...if i am texting someone she will ask WHO i am texting, EVERY TIME..my uncle does the same thing , i find it extremely rude and would never think to ask her this question.

But she is one of those aunts that has the mindset of ' i can ask you anything about your life and you need to tell me, and i can tell you what to do with your life..but don't you dare say anything about mine, because you have no right'

i have tried being polite and said ' oh its nothing important' ...or ' its just a friend' , but she INSISTS on knowing exactly WHO i am talking about .

No ladies i do NOT live with her, but i do live in the same town as her and i just moved here..and her and her family are the only family i have.

AND just to make it clear, no i do NOT answer texts during a conversation that i we are having, i ALWAYS wait until the convo is done ..and half the time i am just sitting on her couch watching a movie while she is reading her book.

Here is the thing , i know that if i come back with a stupid and crazy answer for her ..she WILL get the hint on her own and stop asking me...so here is where i need your help lol.

I was thinking of something along the lines of 'oh its just my pimp, he wants to know if i can be on the corner of such and such tonight ..his girl for that corner totally got knocked up and is having a baby' ...

Anyone have any ideas ?

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I'd just tell her flat out "Who I talk to, text, call, etc is my business. If I wanted to tell you I would. I don't ask your business, so don't ask mine!"

chrissara1011
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM

as much as ppl text now i dont see that its ny different then smeone asking who is on the phone....I have been gulty of that but its more habit than actually really caring who is on the phone

TabM
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I'm a fan of the old stand by "your momma" lol

rachellaree20
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Maybe something like, "Well, I'm texting my main man, Jesus" and see how she responds.  Obviously if she's religious and you're not trying to offend her then don't.  Just a thought.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM

honestly, its not a game..  its a decision.. either make it clear  youo do not  appreciate her asking &   dont answer & be upfront and just say so. 

but if you get along with her &    are close enough to share so much just  love with it.. its 2 seconds out of  your life to say  " so & so" you do not need to discuss the convo i assume so just  answer her & let it go..

thats the deicions i see  personally i wouldnt use a wise ass remark

katherine50
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Einstien Beethoven I know Alan Jackson. If she even knows who that is. ummm idk my dh does that to his mom all the time who u texting and it pisses her off. He does it on purpose because its funny. I would get annoyed but shes funny when shes mad.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:53 AM

lol, let us know how it goes  :)

kit_manson
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but why would you ask someone who was on the phone? I don't really see the point, and I would find it rude.

Quoting chrissara1011:

as much as ppl text now i dont see that its ny different then smeone asking who is on the phone....I have been gulty of that but its more habit than actually really caring who is on the phone

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this
The solution is simple and simply elegant...while you are with your aunt and uncle do not text other people. I know this comes as a shock but it is possible to simply sit in a room and not be communicating with the world. I am not trying to be sarcastic with this suggestion, it just seems to me that the reality of this has been lost. The portable communication devices that most of us carry, that should be serving our needs, are instead becoming our masters, and we are left vulnerable somehow to the idea that we must remain in contact with the broader world at all times. I truly believe that we would all be better off if we would each give some thought to this becoming reality and decide to limit, even if only for a very limited span of time each day, our connectivity.
RADmomma
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Good suggestions!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)