Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Movies that should be left alone. pro vs cons of remakes!! fun post

Posted by   + Show Post

There are just certain CLASSIC movies that should never be remade. "CARRIE" is one of those movies that stand the test of time  No matter how hard they try to update was already a perfect film that the original is the best.  This remake literally just gave away the ENTIRE movie, there is no reason to even rent or buy it, lol

So what are your favorite movies?

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
sahmw2010
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I have to admit, i like the new footloose. lol.

Lvonlucky
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Red Dawn.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I wish they would remake the Police Academy movies

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Too many Bond and Batman movies

border7305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM
First I would like to welcome you to CM, I'm Kim this is a very nice group.. And I totally agree with you on the classic movie's should never be remade... I love movie's from the 30s-60s.. Cary Grant is my Fave.. Bringing up Baby and Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House... And this one has a teenage Shirley Temple in it-The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer.. Kim :)
juliannehigginb
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

greece should have only been the orginal greece...also dirty dancing and i HATE HATE HATE that they remade steel magnolias...thats my fav movie of all time and they remade it...i couldnt even watch it!

Carollee321
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM

If they touch To Kill A Mickingbird, I don't think I want to love on this planet anymore.  Puffy ruined A Raisin in the Sun for me.

waytomanykids10
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM

The Sound of Music

HayKay0810
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM

The Crow

terpmama
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:26 PM

The "remake" of wizard of oz called tin man was awesome! It wasn't so inch a "remake" as a re imagining. It was a Scifi spin on the characters and story.

Quoting avonleafan:

Wizard of Oz, GWTW, Streetcar Named Desire. Classics like this should be left alone. You cannot top acting like that! But some movies (70's and 80's in particular) are just cheesy! Those remakes, I don't mind. Ex: The original Clash of the Titans made me roll my eyes. But I liked the new one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN