Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ok I'm new here & I really need advice...first off my husband-we've been together nearly two years which we of course have our ups & downs like all couples! But since I was pregnant & hormonal he drifted cause I guess in unattractuve when I'm pregnant,I will be honest all I wanted was sex with him no matter how It was I have a High sex drive anyway so all I gained was 18 pounds my whole 9 months baby was nearly 9 pounds and I'm actually less then pre-pregnancy weight now two weeks later! So I have been trying to get him to notice me like he use to he enjoys adult videos I'm insecure I admit that it bothers me but I surprised him with a video a few nights ago-he didn't seem into it or even like he enjoyed it-I thought that would woo him 4 sure! But nope so he works till 930 at night I've been making him his fave dinners getting food from his fave places but nothing but "awesome babe" comes from his mouth-he never tells me I look pretty or nice or beautiful anymore,to test this I out in my old jeans (they fit good now) and a cute top for our daughtes drs appt this week & he walks right pass me @ says nothing. I love him so much & I want this to work out but he won't tell me what's the problem or why he's acting like this,he says its nothing & that I'm over reacting :( I don't know maybe I am but is it so much to ask for a romantic night where my husband notices me & shows me he loves me?? I mean for two weeks I've spent all night up with the baby so he can sleep I never ask for help & here's the whoa moment I had a c-section & haven't taken anything but Tylenol yup that's right and didn't even spend 24 hours in bed afterward! So my question is what more can I do!? He swears he's not cheating and that there's no one else! So what can u do!? I have tried all I know-some if the details I can't say but I've tried everything! If u know what I mean-I am at loss here!! :(
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Replies (131-134):
KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM
It may just be that, you know, you had a baby 2 weeks ago. That's a lot of adjustment for everybody and it can be a lot of stress too, even if you don't feel like he should be stressed. You should sit down and actually talk to him, if he says nothing's up then he's probably just stressed and going through the adjustment period. Also, maybe you guys could plan some date nights where grandma or someone close that you trust watches the baby?
jendawgrox2004
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

You know the baby blues for women? Men can get those too. He might just be in a slump and need a bit of time or he could be depressed. Don't jump on the assumption he's cheating. He might be feeling inadequate because he's a new father. Just get him to talk to you. Good luck!

Terry5864
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:40 PM

He probably needs time to adjust to you not just being wife but Mommy.....some guys are a little wierded out by that.......just keep being honest and open with him and give it time.  I agree the hormones give you the up and down feelings and after baby you want to know you're just as attractive to him as before.  Try to look at it from his point of view too ok?  Talk to him........make sure he knows that even though you've had a baby he is still just as important as he was before.  Men are very insecure creatures when it comes right down to it. 

CarlyEliz
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
you should be focusing on your baby not getting laid!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)