Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dry Skin...HELP!!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 21 Replies
Any suggestions for really dry skin? I have tried coconut oil, oatmeal baths, eucerin & olive oil! May little one is 4 months old && his skin get so dry it cracks and bleeds a little! I have talked to his pediatrician because I thought it might be eczema but she said he cannot get it this soon! I just feel so bad for him && do know what else to try! Any help would be much appreciated! :)
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddiddlyumshis
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I've had eczema since I was an infant, and I still get it at 27yrs old.
Yes, you can get it that young. My 3mo has it.

I use aquaphor or aveeno baby dry skin lotion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM
You can get eczema as an infant. Both my girls have it.

We use cruel itch defense for my 6 yr old. Coconut oil on the baby.
AromaDrops33
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM

This product is AMAZING for dry, cracked, peeling skin. It also helps with eczema and psoriasis. It's non toxic, no chemicals at all so it's very safe and healthy even on the youngest skin :)

Gstrickland
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Do you just rub the coconut oil on and let it sit for a while before bath time && wash it off or do you leave it on?...my husband had bad eczema when he was little...it is not as bad but it still pops up now and then if he is not using his medication.

Quoting RADmomma:

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM
It's expensive but Lindi Skin Body Lotion is great and smells so good. Amlactin is alo great but doesn't smell so great. CVS carries Amlactin but you sometimes have to have the pharmacist order it for you. I've also seen it at Costco.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Javi05Eli07
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:24 PM

My son has ichthyosis and right after a shower we put on a lotion/glycerine mix then cover that in Vaseline or Aquaphor.

If you are using baby wash I would stop because that can dry out skin even more.  Get something that doesn't have fragrance in it.

Javi05Eli07
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM

We have used ammonium lactate too and I know Walgreen's carries a couple of bottles on the shelves in the lotion section.  The smell never bother us, but it can sting a little bit.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

It's expensive but Lindi Skin Body Lotion is great and smells so good. Amlactin is alo great but doesn't smell so great. CVS carries Amlactin but you sometimes have to have the pharmacist order it for you. I've also seen it at Costco.

Ability is what you're capable of doing.

Motivation determines what you do.

Attitude determines how well you do it.

~Lou Holtz~

RADmomma
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I rub it in. There's no need to wash it off. I apply multiple times a day. Usually at each diaper change.

Quoting Gstrickland:

Do you just rub the coconut oil on and let it sit for a while before bath time && wash it off or do you leave it on?...my husband had bad eczema when he was little...it is not as bad but it still pops up now and then if he is not using his medication.

Quoting RADmomma:

rangerwife2
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM

There are only 3 ingredients
  • Big bottle of Johnson's Baby Lotion (27 oz) -  I like the honey apple over the regularly scented baby lotion because i don't feel comfortable walking around smelling like a baby, but that is just me
  • Vitamin E Skin Care Cream double pack (4 oz ea)  - I found it at Walmart
  • Small Jar of Petroleum Jelly (7.5 oz) - brand doesn't matter
Lotion Ingredients

Scoop all of the ingredients into a bowl.  Save the containers so you can put the new and amazing lotion back into them.

With a hand mixer stir until well blended.

Then scoop back into regular containers.  I didn't reuse the Johnson's pump bottle because the lotion is so thick.  So you will need a couple extra containers.  I filled 7 containers. It does make a lot so don't forget to share with your friends and family because I am sure they will love this stuff too!

Sent from my iPad
slgilliam
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM

My daughter has had it since she was an infant as well. She is just 6 months old. I like using the Aquafor, Olive oil and baby Aveeno.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN