Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Am I wrong?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:56 AM
  • 11 Replies

Am I wrong to think my kids 8,9 and 15 should be able to be quiet in the morn and get ready for school without waking up their daddy and lil brother? I feel like they should know the drill by now, but EVERY morn we go though this, is it me? Am I wrong to think they should be able to do this?

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
if they are all up at the same time, trying to use the same space, especially if they aren't naturally waking on their own it could be chaotic and stressful for everyone involved. they aren't adults, they are children who forget, who need lots of reminders and practice, who are impulsive in all their actions, not just the ones we don't mind.

yes, in theory, they are old enough to know better, but theory and actual practice are two completely different things

destiny3513
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea, 8 and 9 y.o are gonna be nuts. The 15 y.o should know better. Lol. That's why I only want one kid they feed off each others crazy and "ain't nobody got time for that" lol.
spiritsheart22
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I get one up and let her wake up, then send her in to get dressed while the other wakes up and the oldest gets dressed in the bathroom. I make them take turns being in the bathroom, I do everything I can to do everything in shifts idk what else to do

NotTheirMom99
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Can you set everything out the night before and have them get ready away from dad and DS? We have two levels and I get everyone away from the bedrooms ASAP. I guess that won't work though if you don't have another get ready space.
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:26 AM

You are not wrong. The kids are old enough to walk around in the morning without sounding like a herd of buffalo. 

waytomanykids10
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM

My kids are really quiet in the mornings. My kids know I don't sleep well at night so they try really hard to be quiet in the mornings.  They are 11,8,7,and 5. My 3 year old and my 12 month old are late sleepers so they don't usually get up until after 9 anyways.

1kidmomajm
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Hmmm, that is s tough one. Are they mad and annoyed when they have to get up or are they happy and ready to go? If they are excited I would not squash that. If they are grumpy I would correct it. Is dad sleeping in because he needs to, from a job or illness or does he just stay up too late (like mine, ugh!)? If dad doesnt need to sleep in I think the kids are the priority. As for little brother, how much later does he need to sleep in. Can he wake up and be given an activity in the morning, shift his bedtime? 3 boys are hard to keep quiet, I would find a way to work it out so its not an argument every morning. 

RADmomma
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Try closing the bedroom doors. Have everything set out the night before. Baths & showers at night. So they just get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush their teeth & out the door!
1kidmomajm
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RADmomma:

Try closing the bedroom doors. Have everything set out the night before. Baths & showers at night. So they just get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush their teeth & out the door!

To add to this, shoes on last, to cut down on those heavy feet! Keep them by the door in a bucket.

lancet98
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Yup.  Wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)