Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I just had the surgery yesterday and even with hydrocodone and 1000mg of ibuprofen in my system, I'm still in severe pain. When I am lying down not moving, I'm slightly uncomfortable and when I stand up and move, I have a burning and stabbing pain in my stomach. Is this normal??
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Hmmm not sure, when I had mind done I was moving into my new home the next day lol. Here's a bump to keep it in the feed.
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I had a little pain but I think it was more from the bruising. I was able to walk that night after i had mine done. I didn't have the burning or stabbing. Maybe ask your Dr?
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I doubt you are being a pansy for you, everyone is different. I had my tubal ligation the day after I had my son and I went home that same night.

Quoting kidlover2:

Thanks :) I was looking at testimonials from various sites and they were talking about attending parties and running marathons 24 hours after surgery and wasn't sure if I'm just being a complete pansy about it all.

Quoting honeybee69:

I had mine done when I had my last c-section. I won't lie it hurt more than the c-section! The doc said I had really big tubes. I just remember telling him that he better tie them really tight! I was awake for the surgery. I used a heating pad when I got home and that helped a little more than just pain meds.

KaydenzMomRockz
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM
I had mine w- my c/s it felt like a sun burn in my belly mostly on my sides tho! And a like tugging feeling when I would stand it got worse a week later now two weeks into it I'm feeling less pain and burning unless like my bladders full & pressing up against everything it hurts & feels tender!! Good luck & if u aren't getting relief with those meds call ur dr he should give u something else! luckily I didn't need pain meds just Tylenol! Feel better soon hugs*

Quoting kidlover2:

I just had the surgery yesterday and even with hydrocodone and 1000mg of ibuprofen in my system, I'm still in severe pain. When I am lying down not moving, I'm slightly uncomfortable and when I stand up and move, I have a burning and stabbing pain in my stomach. Is this normal??

KaydenzMomRockz
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Did they tie them or clip & burn them? It sound like the clipped & burned them which is what they did with me & it's a bit more painful then just tying ur tubes!!

Quoting kidlover2:

sahmw2010
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

yes. especially when u have to sneeze also, those things hurt! lol. with the CS we are also told to use the pillow to stand up and sit down. it helps a little. you never notice what muscles you use until u have surgery. lol

Quoting kidlover2:

Thanks. I have noticed that walking like a crippled hunchback helps a little. Would placing a pillow against it help? I've never had a c-section.

Quoting sahmw2010:

I had the tubal done on the table during the CS, but what i have learned (more from CS) is to not lay down flat. stay at an angle until you heal, so use pillows. also, wtih walking I used a brace to help hold the belly in, cuz it felt like a pulling otherwise.

styler7
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I didn't have any pain, and never filled my RX for Vicodin. Feel better soon :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Good news is I'm not a pansy :) I'm at the ER right now because the doctor thinks it's a surgery caused hernia.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

I doubt you are being a pansy for you, everyone is different. I had my tubal ligation the day after I had my son and I went home that same night.

Quoting kidlover2:

Thanks :) I was looking at testimonials from various sites and they were talking about attending parties and running marathons 24 hours after surgery and wasn't sure if I'm just being a complete pansy about it all.

Quoting honeybee69:

I had mine done when I had my last c-section. I won't lie it hurt more than the c-section! The doc said I had really big tubes. I just remember telling him that he better tie them really tight! I was awake for the surgery. I used a heating pad when I got home and that helped a little more than just pain meds.

sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Um, yay? Lol
Glad you got answers & pain is justified but damn! Hope you feel better soon.
I'm on day 6 of recovery from ectopic preg tubal ligation on 1 side & today has been 1st day for big relief in pain level! Get fixed & get better fast!

Quoting kidlover2:

Good news is I'm not a pansy :) I'm at the ER right now because the doctor thinks it's a surgery caused hernia.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting honeybee69:

trainlady
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:22 PM

That was not normal for me. I had a tubal ligation and my appendix taken out at the same time. Also, was checked for gall bladder problems while he was in there. I was up and out of the hospital the same day. Felt a little uncomfortable for about two days and by the third day I was back on the dance floor. I had no stabbing pains or anything else. You need to check with your doctor and see if a nerve has been pinched in the surgery. If it was cut you won't feel it, but if it was pinched then it needs to be unpinched. I am an exception to the rule I go in for surgery for something and I'm out of the hospital the same day or the day after and don't have complications. but not everyone is that lucky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN